Who we are looking for
A High Profile Vice President to work within the Risk Management and Performance Measurement Unit (RPU) located in a Middle Eastern office as a Consultant and to oversee the delivery of the services described within the Performance Measurement Services Agreement together with those outlined in the Service Level Agreement to agreed timescales and within budget. To provide continuous onsite support to our Client with regards to various projects as and when required by their senior management. What you will be responsible for
What we value
- Clarify and document the scope of on-going requirements as provided by the Planning and Senior Management Support Sector (P&SMS) within the Client Office and agree appropriate actions with the Edinburgh team to deliver within agreed timescales.
- Lead small and large scales projects with regards to Performance and Risk services provided to the Client.
- Fully support the GS PS and SSGX teams to assist in the successful delivery of the on-going reporting requirements as well as various improvements to the reporting package.
- Proactively manage the reporting requirements to ensure quality and completion of deliverables to timescales. Act as the final QC in the report production process.
- Ensure proper resources allocated to the Client service delivery, escalate any issues through appropriate channels for a swift resolution.
- Identify, track and resolve any reporting and relationship issues quickly and successfully.
- Proactively source and deliver the Client data from local stakeholders to Edinburgh team to ensure timely and accurate completion of client reports.
- Proactively communicate any related information and fund structural changes to all stakeholders where necessary.
- Continuously monitor the ongoing performance and risk analysis solutions delivered to the Client to ensure reporting package stays relevant to the latest industry developments.
- Mentor and train RPU staff for any performance and risk related concepts.
- Ensure adequate documentation of all relevant functions within the performance and risk solutions are in place and filed accordingly.
- Hold a weekly call with Edinburgh senior management to update on any issues/challenges or relationship matters.
- Work on internal RPU tasks, support other members of the RPU team as and when required.
- Work in wide ranging projects as given by the Executive Director of P&SMS.
- Maintain excellent working relationships with all stakeholders.
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Essential exposure within performance measurement and risk analytics.
- Must have significant experience in a client facing role.
- Some experience of leading a team required.
- Detailed technical knowledge of Performance Measurement methodologies and systems.
- Working knowledge of risk analytics and risk management tools.
- Ability to work under pressure on numerous work items.
- Client focus coupled with suitable client management skills.
- Ability to deal with all other areas of State Street business.
- People management skills including mentoring and staff development.
Skills - interpersonal, numerical, problem-solving and analytical:
- Must be personable and courteous to represent State Street to our clients.
- Should be able to represent the client internally in all areas, requires influencing skills.
- Numerate and investment literate. Also willing to participate as require in the production process. An understanding of State Street operations would therefore be advantageous.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must be willing to lead a team and assist more junior team members in their day to day working environment.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Must be able to manage conflicting priorities.
- Ability to work under pressure whilst maintaining client focus.
- Willing to be the client champion within State Street.
- Should be able to work in a team to meet common goals assisting others as required.
- Must be a people person capable of working with a busy team on a day
About State Street What we do.
- Degree qualified, postgraduate qualifications preferred.
- Further industry qualifications such as CFA, FRM, CIPM are preferred.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers