Who we are looking for:
State Street Alpha's Professional Services team is looking for experienced leaders to drive our Collection, Configuration, & Readiness Practice across the Alpha platform. We're looking for professionals with experience across front and middle office operating models, business analysis, data management and project management disciplines.
The role will lead Operational Readiness program activities across the life span of the implementation which may be from 6 months to multiyear for some projects. Activities range from cost estimation, scoping requirements and engaging with clients, internal workstream leads, and internal business units to facilitate the delivery of Operational Readiness milestones (Third Party Reach out, Go-Live Checklist, Prod Parallel, Warranty Period, etc.) to ensure a smooth transition to BAU. The individual will be expected to coordinate and manage the activities of those involved in the implementation(s) and Operational Readiness activities themselves which could be up to 10-15 individuals located in different time zones. Why this role is important to us:
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Alpha Professional Services, launched in 2019. Alpha is the growth strategy for State Street and we're investing in and delivering on innovative next generation solutions.
Join us if delivering next generation infrastructure, using emerging technologies like public cloud, microservices, snowflake and AI are what you are up for. What you will be responsible for:
As VP - Operational Readiness Lead, you will
- Serve as client facing lead for all operational readiness related activity with client and internal business units
- Directly manage staff and lead virtual teams to achieve and execute on stated priorities and goals
- Document complex workflows, manual touchpoints, and known differences as a result of the implementation lifecycle
- Coordinate and drive the operational readiness framework ensuring people, processes, and technology across all stakeholders are ready for Day 1 of Go-Live
- Oversight of third-party reach-out activities (on-boarding of external parties such as custodians, brokers, transfer agents, and clearers) to establish third party connections and obtain data required for relevant workstreams to ensure readiness
What we value
- Serves as an SME speaking to details as required while managing multiple processes
- Coordinate & Lead Ops Readiness events like Day in the Life and Production Parallel that lead up to the Go-Live event including the warranty period post conversion (defining governance structure, issue management, scope, entry & exit criteria)
- Work as a member of a global team - provide status, communicate issues, share ideas, and follow process for analysis, development and support protocols
- Review completed conversions for lessons learnt to apply to future implementations for process improvement
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Excellent Communication Skills with ability to effectively run meetings and collaborate across teams and functions
- Ability to work in a high paced environment, be flexible, follow tight deadlines, organize and prioritize work. Weekend work required.
- Ability to proactively identify potential issues and drive resolution.
- Leadership and effective management skills
- 10+ years of relevant Financial Industry Experience required, preferably Investment Management, Asset Management
- Experience in implementation of large client onboardings with complex architecture, multiple teams and functionalities.
- Experience in Migration of data into Front office and middle office systems.
- Experience working across teams using Jira and Confluence
- Exposure to Charles River or any other front office systems is preferred
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, SharePoint and Access skills, as well as Microsoft Project or other project management software experience
- Solid understanding of Data Warehouses and Databases including SQL
- High Level knowledge or experience in Capital markets including Middle & Back Office, Securities, Bank Loans, IBOR / ABOR, Transaction Mgmt
- Experience owning initiatives / projects related to Middle & Back Office Client On boarding
This is a leadership position and will be expected to bring the regional and global teams together to collaborate across current and future deals About State Street What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers