PIMCO is a global leader in active fixed income with deep expertise across public and private markets. We invest our clients' capital across a range of fixed income and credit opportunities, leveraging our decades of experience navigating complex debt markets. Our flexible capital base and deep relationships with issuers have helped us become one of the world's largest providers of traditional and nontraditional solutions for companies that need financing and investors who seek strong risk-adjusted returns.
Since 1971, our people have shaped our organization through a high-performance inclusive culture, in which we celebrate diverse thinking. We invest in our people and strive to imprint our CORE values of Collaboration, Openness, Responsibility and Excellence. We believe each of us is here to help others succeed and this has led to PIMCO being recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
The Alternative Funds at PIMCO total approximately $35 billion across multiple strategies and multiple vehicle types (open and closed-end funds and strategic mandates). The Alternative Funds Finance Team is responsible for the overall financial accounting and control, tax structuring and compliance, operations, and investment partner and third party service provider oversight. The Team collaborates across multiple PIMCO business divisions including Product Strategy, Account Management and Portfolio Management and reports to the Executive Office.
The team is seeking to add a dynamic professional with strong investment company and alternative asset accounting experience to the Financial Control Team. This team member will be responsible for the finance and accounting of a selection of open-ended and hybrid funds. The role supplements the existing team as a result of new product growth and complexity. The role requires a highly proficient accountant with alternatives experience to manage complexities of diversified open-end and hybrid funds. Exposure to alternative investments types include private credit, fixed income, derivatives, commercial and residential real estate equity and debt, bank loans, subordinated debt, preferred and common equity in privately-held companies, as well as structured products and other unique securities.
The PIMCO Alternatives business continues to evolve and the right resource is critical to handle this change and control for information requirements to meet the ever growing demands of our stakeholders. This is a unique opportunity to join a growing team at one of the largest asset managers in the world. Responsibilities
- Support the Finance team for a new product launching imminently. This includes responsibility for the set-up and operations of a complex fund structure incorporating evergreen fund raising, commitment and call capital structure and slow-pay redemption feature.
- Serve as a junior controller with responsibility for complete financial accounting, reporting and operational facilitation for a sub-set of open-ended and hybrid funds. Oversee the third-party Fund Administrator in the completion of relevant activities.
- Oversee the monthly NAV close process performed by the Fund Administrator focused on complex/illiquid assets accounting and valuation, fee and expense review and performance reporting.
- Review the key financial information for investor deliverables (investor reports, capital account statements and annual audited financial statements).
- Contribute to the management and oversight the funds' administrator through SLAs/critical metrics and site visits.
- Assist with fund expense process and oversight.
- Manage the external audit, regulatory reporting and other reporting requirements.
- Utilize internal and external resources to respond to client, prospective client, and client consultant requests for information in a timely and accurate manner
- Lead the investment closing process for illiquid assets focusing on the functions of finance, treasury, accounting and reporting. Collaborate and communicate effectively across multiple stakeholders, including portfolio management, tax and legal professionals; in addition to the fund controller, operations team and administrator.
- Monitor and maintain illiquid investments for financial accounting and reporting, including complex security accounting and income recognition, valuation and performance.
- Work with the tax and legal teams to lead all aspects of the design and set-up of investment structures for private equity, real estate and other illiquid investments.
- Responsible for negotiation of certain aspects of key contracts with new investment partners and service providers.
- Oversee the US joint-venture level external audits from the funds perspective.
- Oversee the completion of various regulatory and other reporting requirements.
- Lead the coordination and project management of various team projects and initiatives.
Required candidate personal characteristics
- Target range of 3-5 years of experience in financial accounting, audit or finance function for an alternative investment manager
- Ability to implement accounting and reporting for investment structures for different asset classes
- Desire to understand transaction process flows and requirements and develop processes to solve complexities as they arise
- Exposure to alternative fund structures
- Experience with external audit processes and procedures
- Knowledge of accounting principles including US GAAP and Investment Company Accounting
- Bachelor's degree with a major in Accounting or Finance
- Active or Desired CPA license
- Ability to work in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
- Good quantitative/analytical and problem solving skills
- Highly organized, proficient at time management / project management
- Keen desire to learn and quickly absorbs new knowledge
- Excellent written /verbal communication skills
- Able to balance a sharp focus on details with an awareness of the bigger picture
- Foster a sense of teamwork, assisting others when needed/required
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Statement
PIMCO recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), age, military or veteran status, disability (physical or mental), any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state, provincial and municipal laws. The company also prohibits discrimination on other basis such as medical condition, or marital status under applicable laws.
Applicants with Disabilities
PIMCO is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including veterans, in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system due to a disability and you would like to request an accommodation, you may contact us at 949-720-7744 and leave a message. This is a dedicated line designed exclusively to assist job seekers with disabilities to apply online. Only messages left for this purpose will be considered. A response to your request may take up to two business days.