Assistant Tax Manager
£700/ Day Umbrella
Contract until 31/03/2023
Our client, a large global investment company, are currently seeking an experienced Assistant Tax Manager to join their team, this contract will run until 31/03/2023.
The role will be responsible for supporting the senior members of the Global Tax Team to ensure:
• Provision of a comprehensive tax reporting to support the business as it continues to grow both in the UK and internationally
• An effective corporate tax provision process to support our client year end and quarterly reporting
• Day to day management of external advisers and outsource providers, including oversight of corporate tax compliance
• Management and oversight of effective processes to meet external and internal tax profile reporting requirements, including country by country reporting
• Maintenance and development of an effective tax risk and controls framework for the business
• Effective monitoring and oversight to ensure ongoing compliance with our clientsF global tax obligations
• Support overall business management of the global tax function including oversight of and reporting related outsourced services
• Management of tax profile communications to business leadership
The role holder will be required to develop a good understanding of how the business operates and work with a wide range of other business areas across a range of territories to ensure that tax affairs are effectively managed across the global organisation. The role will also require the individual to develop strong working relationships with advisors and other external suppliers.
Key Outcomes / Responsibilities:
• Produce tax provisions and related management information required for group financial reporting
• Think strategically to create automated processes to streamline the tax repoting model
• Manage the relationship with external advisors to actively manage outsoured service arrangements to ensure the provision of UK and EMEA tax compliance key deliverables
• Support overseas tax reporting to a high standard under IFRS principles
• Input into the effective application and development of the tax risk and controls framework for the business together with supporting governance and reporting requirements
• Support data collection for transfer pricing documentation
• Prepare Country by Country reporting in line with OECD guidance
• Work with other members of the tax team to ensure that the tax effects of business changes are factored into ongoing tax compliance and business processes
• Develop thorough understanding of our clients business operations to ensure that all relevant tax risks and requirements are addressed
• Work closely with other tax colleagues in the wider group to ensure consistency of approach, sharing of knowledge and effective risk coverage for the business globally
• Work with key stakeholders to ensure that both ongoing needs and ad hoc requests are met in a timely and appropriate manner
• Manage and report on outsource and consultancy spend in line with group policies.
• Strong preference for action and flexibility
• Analytical and problem solving skills
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Attention to detail
• Organisational skills
• Background in working with international groups, large corporates or financial services groups preferred.
• Able to work in a fast paced environment
• Hard working, quick learner with a positive attitude
• Trusted, creates a credible impression and builds relationships built on respect.
• Independent, self-starter who enjoys managing and analysing different streams of activity, with an eye for detail but an ability to stand back and see the wider picture.
• An ability to adapt to change and a natural drive towards continuous improvement.
• Qualified accountant / CTA /ATT preferred although candidates qualified by experience would also be considered
• UK corporate tax background preferred with international tax exposure helpful
• Experience in financial services or dealing with large corporate groups an advantage
Engages and Motivates
Champions Change - Can adapt to change with ease and understand and translate the benefits quickly
Appreciates that there are differing levels of tolerance toward change
Builds Relationships - Consciously builds and maintains rapport with others in a professional environment
Teamwork - Contributes to teams and gains co-operation from colleagues
Displays willingness to collaborate and learn from others, including subordinates and peers.
Trust and Integrity – Demonstrates integrity in daily activities, works to a high standard, is a team player and occasionally provides constructive feedback as to how processes and procedures could be enhanced
Demonstrates Responsibility and Accountability
Holds self and other accountable – Accepts accountability for what has been agreed will be delivered
Attention to detail - Demonstrates a high level of detail focus; consistently monitors quality of own and others’ work in relation to tasks and activities. Helps others to plan, organise, monitor and schedule their projects for maximum efficiency
Delivers with Excellence
Planning and Prioritisation – Plans daily work effectively, and asks for support where the required planning is more extensive
Manages own time well; identifies the correct priorities in own work to meet required outcomes
Takes initiative – Seeks to demonstrate a proactive approach towards tasks and activities
Makes suggestions on how to improve things at work questioning current accepted ways of doing things
Contributes to change initiatives with enthusiasm
Applies Technical Knowledge
Analytical skills – Analyses reports or research and identifies issues most likely to require attention then proposes solutions
Reviews information with limited supervision and offers sound advice
If you are relevant or interested please don’t delay, contact me on 0161 503 5558/ Curtis.Sharpe@Tapfin.co.uk