Business Analyst - Zodia Venture
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Work with various internal (business, compliance, risk, R&D, Production) teams and external stakeholders (customers, providers, counsels, customers) to identify business opportunities and solutions.
- Develop user requirements for new systems and drive continuous enhancements on existing platforms. Identify early risks and issues and propose remediation actions and plans.
- Own the product functional architecture. Precisely translate business requirements into functional and non-functional requirements, user stories, flow diagrams that is comprehensible to technical team. Oversee and collaborate with various teams at every stage of systems development. Evaluate and provide timely feedback to team members and management.
- Work in sync with Release and Change Managers to ensure delivery process is compliant with our standard and policies. Periodic review of polices, standards and regulatory requirements to ensure there is no lapse in implementation and control.
- Review test plans, test scenarios and test evidence to determine completeness of deliverables. Conduct testing and provide inputs to system owners on deliverables acceptance.
- Produce operational process documents, training materials and HelpDesk knowledge base. Organise and run requirement workshops, user stories walkthroughs and training sessions. Partner with system owner and scrum master to review, maintain and prioritise requirements backlog. Provide pre-sales support to Sales team.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Creative problem solving and analytical thinking
- Many years of proven experience in an analytics, systems development or project management role
- Experience working in a distributed team with diverse culture and background
- Open to change and comfortable working in a fast-pace environment
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented individual
We are looking for candidates that align to our culture and values, which are an important part of who we are and what we stand for as an organisation. To be considered as a candidate, you will be required to complete a Culture Fit Assessment - this is an online assessment of your alignment and behavioral fit to our culture. The test takes approximately 30 minutes to completes and is mandatory. After your application you will get the link to the test to your mailbox. Should you not complete this assessment, you will be considered as not meeting the requirement of the role.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in IT, Computer Science or relevant fields
- Intermediate proficiency in Agile framework, Jira and SQL
- A few years of working experience in banking or large finance institutions
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.