About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Senior Capital Markets Middle Office Specialist... In this role, you will:
Required Qualifications, International:
- ABF Loan Portfolio Support successful candidate will be expected to have the following
Structuring and Execution
- Assist in the origination, structuring and execution of ABS, RMBS and asset-backed lending transactions.
- Provide strong execution support for asset-backed transactions and act as lead execution on transactions. Interact with clients, rating agencies, investors and internal business partners in respect of transactions.
- Proven analytical experience (i.e. reverse engineering waterfalls, optimizing existing structures, collateral analysis, etc).
- Assemble credit approval packages, rating agency memorandums, due diligence reports, portfolio performance reports and external presentations.
- Coordinate the regular pricing distribution to issuer clients (currently monthly).
- Work closely with EMEA sales force regarding the distribution of international ABS/RMBS transactions.
- Provide line management and clients with market updates & developments.
- Portfolio Management
- Key deal team member for the portfolio management of I-ABS's asset-backed lending book, including, inter alia, monitoring of asset-backed lending transactions, portfolio management and reporting.
- Coordinate the operational management of asset-backed lending exposures, including, inter alia, drawings/repayments, collateral verification.
- Coordinate the surveillance on the asset-backed lending portfolio and the ongoing surveillance of booked exposures.
- Coordinate adhoc projects as they arise.
- The Asset Backed Finance (ABF) group provides asset backed financing solutions to customers of Wells Fargo. These customers include corporates, financial institutions, finance companies, asset managers and private equity.
• ABF structures loans to be held by the Bank or sold as securities to institutional investors. ABF provides direct structured lending and access to the bond market, often in partnership with other Wells Fargo business lines. The group works closely with Fixed Income Sales, Asset-Backed Trading, Asset-Backed Syndicate and Research to utilize their distribution, trading and market research capabilities.
- The primary areas of responsibility for the role are outlined above under main function.
- Experience in Capital Markets middle office, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
We Value Diversity
- Knowledge of the financial services industry and strong knowledge of the asset-backed finance & securitisation products.
In particular the candidate should be able to demonstrate:
- Experience of asset-backed and securitization transactions and portfolio management
- Capital markets (public market) and balance sheet funded (private market) experience.
- Experience of international markets and securitization transactions.
- Solid understanding of the analysis and risks associated with asset-backed / securitisation transactions.
- Multi-asset class experience in line with the International ABS ('I-ABS') asset class focus.
- Experience of asset-backed portfolio management and risk monitoring of securitisation exposures.
- Solid understanding of the analysis and risks associated with asset-backed / securitisation transactions with strong analytical skills, including modelling and data analysis skills.
- Proven client interaction experience.
- Strong communicator and presenter both externally with clients and ability to build relationships internally with key stakeholders.
- Experience of diverse client base (Banks, Corporates, Private Equity / Asset Managers).
- Willingness and ability to assist in across the origination, execution, operational and portfolio management processes. This is important considering the relatively small team, all members should be able (& willing) to execute deals.
- Experience of onboarding new clients and entities.
- Fluency in English.
Preferred attributes are:
- Language skills, ideally in relevant European languages.
- Experience of CLO transactions and Significant Risk Transfer trades.
- Understanding of Wells Fargo internal approval processes.
- Some syndicate experience.
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.