Cloud Security Engineer (DevSecOps)
- 160,000-$220,000 / year + Profit sharing (0.25 - 0.5%) USD
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- 3-5 yrs
- International Digital Assets Exchange Ltd
- 10 Aug 18 2018-08-10
Interdax is building a 3rd generation digital asset exchange. Our team comes from top HFTs and exchanges like Nasdaq and NYSE, as well as from well known firms in the blockchain space. We are a well-funded project (8-figure sum) currently operating in stealth mode.
In this role you will be responsible for automated security as well as contributing to overall site reliability. This is a hands-on position and requires technical security proficiency within the AWS ecosystem. As a DevSecOps specialist, you will work closely with DevOps, SRE and other engineering teams, designing and implementing security automation best practices in a cloud native environment. Candidates must be experienced in the prevention and remediation of security vulnerabilities for a consumer-facing application running on AWS.
- Apply Security-as-Code principles across the board
- Champion container security, on-boarding and integrating security controls in various cloud native components (Kubernetes, Linkerd/Istio, Cilium, etc).
- Investigate and resolve security and policy violations by providing postmortem analysis, identify causes, develop solutions and preventive measures
- Implement security features and monitoring tools, performing periodic security assessments
- Develop automated security and compliance capabilities in support of DevOps processes
- Work with the Security team to mature and maintain security procedure and tools
- Provide support, coaching and mentoring for teammate's work activities on a regular basis.
- Create security focused dashboards in Kibana or similar to provide high value insights
- Take responsibility for creating design specifications, unit testing, and prepare technical documentation.
- 3+ years experience in a hands-on cloud information security role
- Solid understanding of Amazon Web Services (AWS) including VPC, ELB, IAM, EC2, Config, CloudTrail, CloudFormation, Lambda, and others.
- Strong practical Linux based systems administration skills and scripting experience in a Cloud based environment
- Working knowledge of IP networking, VPNs, DNS, load balancing and firewalling
- Experience with IDS/IPS systems (Snort, Suricata or similar)
- Secrets Management such as Hashicorp Vault or AWS KMS
- Ability to code algorithms for spotting suspicious activity in system and application logs
- Familiarity with AWS security monitoring tools (CloudTrail, CloudWatch, Kinesis)
- Experience using WAF tools like AWS Shield/WAF or Cloudflare
- Hands on experience mitigating DDOS attacks
- Experience with PKI and PGP
- Experience in performing security vulnerability assessments
- Experience working in a regulated environment such as PCI or SOX
- An interest in financial markets and cryptocurrencies.
- Experience running cryptocurrency nodes (Bitcoin, Ethereum, etc)
- Experience with HSMs
Compensation and perks
- Competitive salary ($160,000-$220,000 / year)
- Profit sharing (0.25 - 0.5%)
- Fully remote
- Flexible work hours
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Startup culture
- Team getaways