Join us as a Communications Strategy Manager
What you'll do
- This is an influential role which will give you the chance to make a tangible and valuable contribution to our business
- You'll be supporting all aspects of the Communication team's activities, with a focus on providing insights to help the team deliver priority activity, protecting the bank's reputation and sustainable success
- You'll be in a strong position to progress within the bank due to the breadth of knowledge gained in such a strategic role
As a Communications Strategy Manager, you'll be helping to successfully manage the function's strategy and deliver its product backlog, producing customer value in a continuous, iterative fashion. You'll be promoting continuous improvement and identifying opportunities to improve the strategy's development in line with evolving techniques and best practice.
You'll drive the insight behind our strategy, helping to shape the focus of the Communications team and its delivery, and helping the team to understand the bank's reputation with our stakeholders. You'll play a key role in helping us measure and improve the impact of our team within the bank, feeding these learnings back into our campaign strategies.
Your role will also involve:
The skills you'll need
- Analysing communications performance, competitor activity, potential opportunities and customer behaviours, and presenting this and solutions to senior management
- Leading and delivering specific major assignments in the team's backlog, defining and agreeing a clear scope and objectives
- Helping to devise and deliver communication priorities and plans, encouraging a strategic approach to all activity across the team
- Developing and providing data driven insights and working collaboratively with stakeholders across the function to improve customer outcomes
- Providing high quality executive briefings on external perspectives, including current and emerging industry trends and competitor activity
We'll look to you to have experience within communications, ideally both internal and external, as well as a background in measurement, producing and sharing insights.
You'll also demonstrate:
- The ability to communicate complex technical concepts clearly
- Experience of working across a large diverse organisation, establishing partnerships across all parts of a business, ideally with a global footprint
- Good research and analytical skills, with an ability to generate insights and break down complex issues
- Good collaboration and stakeholder management skills