ESG Partnerships and Events, AVP
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on State Street to help them manage risk, respond to challenges through solutions, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged professionals are essential to our success.
Our commitment to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It's also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You'll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
Position Overview The Global Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) team at State Street provides enterprise leadership for State Street's ESG program, including strategy, policy, disclosure, governance, partnerships, and climate. The team is seeking an individual to support State Street's external ESG partnerships and support executive preparation for ESG partnerships and events.
- Sustainable Markets Initiative
- Serve as State Street's primary liaison to support the Sustainable Markets Initiative , State Street's key ESG external partnership
- Serve as the point of contact for the Asset Manager and Asset Owner Task Force communications, a Task Force which CEO Ron O'Hanley chairs. The Task Force consists of more than 30 of the world's most sophisticated asset owners and asset managers, including many State Street clients
- Produce and deliver the Task Force's monthly report
- Perform project management tasks to coordinate participation with Task Force companies and CEOs
- Prepare agendas and meeting minutes for Task Force meetings, including sessions for APAC and EMEA/NA
- Prepare briefings that summarize Task Force accomplishments for the Global Head of ESG and the office of the CEO
- Compile research to support focus areas for the Task Force
- Serve as point of contact and coordinator for alliance between the Task Force and the Natural Capital Investment Alliance
- Produce internal communications related to State Street's partnership with the Sustainable Markets Initiative
- ESG Partnerships
- Track activity across State Street's ESG Partnerships (approximately 50) and commitments
- Ensure appropriate internal stakeholders are aligned to partnerships
- Continually assess the value and benefits State Street receives from partnership affiliations, and ensure alignment between partnership's objectives and State Street's ESG strategy
- Serve as primary point of contact for select partnerships
- ESG Events
- Support the Global Head of ESG in preparation for external events, speaking engagements, and meetings by compiling research, talking points and ad-hoc presentations, as well as logistical support
- Support event planning and coordination related to the Sustainable Markets Initiative
Job Requirements and Minimum Qualifications
About State Street What we do.
- Bachelor's degree, experience in financial services preferred
- 7 - 10 years of related experience
- Strong project management, execution, and writing skills
- Strong executive presence and capability to interact with State Street's Office of the CEO
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Experience with navigating a complex organization
- Self-starter with strong initiative
- Interest in ESG and how ESG partnerships can drive collective progress
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers