ESG Reporting and Disclosure, VP
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on State Street to help them manage risk, respond to challenges through solutions, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged professionals are essential to our success.
Our commitment to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It's also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You'll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
Position Overview The Global Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) team at State Street provides enterprise leadership for State Street's ESG program, including strategy, policy, disclosure, governance, partnerships, and climate. The team is seeking an individual to oversee State Street's ESG corporate reporting and disclosure responsibilities and activities.
- ESG Report
- Formulate and execute the strategy for State Street's annual ESG Report, which describes how State Street manages and measures ESG issues
- Lead and oversee creation of the annual ESG Report, partnering with ESG business areas, subject matter experts and stakeholders
- Oversee and manage team who will support the report's development and collect ESG data for the report
- Serve as primary point of contact to manage vendor relationships for the ESG report writer, external assurance, and data platform
- Contribute to the promotion plan for the ESG report, led by Marketing
- ESG Data
- Oversee creation of single source for ESG-related data through an external data platform
- Partner with Finance organization on planning for ESG data in 10-K
- Progress project plan to achieve remediation with State Street's Enterprise Data Governance Management standards and present to senior management committees
- Materiality Assessments
- Lead bi-annual materiality assessment, which surveys stakeholders to identify the ESG issues that are most important to them
- Source vendor to perform the 2023 assessment
- Partner with vendor to collect internal stakeholder feedback
- Present findings and recommendations to internal ESG committees
- Analyze assessment results, review stakeholder feedback collected from annual meetings and other investor engagements to develop recommendation on which important ESG topics State Street will manage, measure and report on
- Industry Trends and Regulation
- Monitor industry trends and regulatory requirements to inform State Street's approach to ESG reporting and disclosure
- Liaise with the Head of ESG Data on future regulatory requirements for ESG data
- Oversee team member responsible for responding to RFPs, DDQs, and external surveys
Job Requirements and Minimum Qualifications
About State Street What we do.
- Bachelor's degree; with work experience in ESG, corporate reporting, or financial services
- 10 - 12 years of progressive professional experience
- Familiarity with ESG reporting frameworks, including SASB, GRI, TCFD, and eagerness to learn and leverage best industry practices for corporate reporting
- Strong project management and execution skills
- Ability to navigate complex organizations to achieve business objectives and work across various business units
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to effectively engage with a variety of audiences, including senior management
- Ability to manage data and ensure organizational compliance with high standards of data governance
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers