With offices in Europe, Asia and the US, this global financial services group is a market leader with a solid reputation in the industry. The Change Management and Projects team are now looking to add an hands-on Finance Project Manager to cover finance change projects and initiatives. This role exists within the EMEA Finance team with responsibility to drive change across Finance forward with the aim to automate processes, increase efficiency, reduce risks and to establish greater insight and control. This role also supports, assist and coordinate the integration and standardisation of finance processes.
Note: Candidates with Alteryx, PowerBI or with something similar in terms of tools or experience will be definitely attractive as this will help their finance teams continue delivering automation as part of the company's transformation journey (but this is not essential as they have colleagues with these skills already in the team).
- Ideally a fully-qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) from any sector (due to the Finance aspect to the role)
- Ideally coming from a financial services environment / background
- Demonstratable project management skills
- Ability to also work as a hands-on Business Analyst to analyse/interrogate/mine for data, write proof of concepts, engage in UAT testing, help write specifications to provide to I.T. / developers, etc.
- Good understanding and experience around delivering Finance Change
- Experience with Alteryx, PowerBI or something similar
- Excellent communicator with commercial sense and stakeholder management experience with the ability to communicate the value of building/maintaining/adopting/developing strong relationships
- Maintain a project list detailing out all projects currently being considered by Finance and progress made. Prioritise the projects based on the resources needed and impact it would have.
- Working alongside IT to ensure the accounting systems are well supported and used in the most efficient way.
- Manage project delivery according to the company's project methodology, policies and standards.
- Manage and report on issue identification and resolution.
- Manage risk tracking process within a project.
- Work closely with the Finance teams, wider business support and internal/external development teams to define and deliver pragmatic solutions which meet business needs.
- Create & manage project plans.
- Monitor and manage scope creep.
- Develop, monitor and execute a comprehensive communications plan during the entire lifecycle of the project.
- Monitoring project and transition progress and performance.
- Manage any project dependencies within the project.
- Assisting in closing the project including the assignment of follow on actions and transferring the deliverable to BAU activity.
- Presenting post implementation monitoring, reporting and analysis.
- Manage all own project documentation and support others in finance with their documentation.
- Provide training on project management where required.
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Support the Finance leadership team with PMO reporting.
- Support the management team with ad-hoc tasks when required.
- Act as analyst to understand the subject matter in order to understand problems and needs.
- Ability to work with business SMEs as well as project and IT representatives.
- Help define business requirements and translate into project deliverables.
Experience and Skills Required:
- Role relevant qualification or accreditation desirable.
- Relevant, appropriate and demonstratable experience in a similar role.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proficiency in project management software tools.
- Technical finance and regulatory exposure or knowledge desirable.
- Experience in a project role with proven project delivery is required.
- Experience or working in a fast-moving environment where priorities and scope are subject to change.
- Proven and demonstrable Excel and data analytical skills (Power BI or Alteryx desirable).
- Process analysis, design and engineering.
- Experience working on projects related to Oracle, Concur or OneStream desirable.
- Self-starter with ability to work on their own initiative with minimal supervision.
- Ability to understand and translate complex business requirements.