We are working with a City-based asset manager to hire a Financial Controller for a 12-15 months fixed term contract, reporting into the CFO. The firm manages over $8bn and invests into multi-asset and single asset class funds. They have around 70 people in their main offices in London and Windsor (London is the HQ). The culture is friendly, collegiate and they’re passionate about ensuring their employees have a good work/life balance.
Responsibilities for the Financial Controller will include:
- Creating, implementing, documenting and monitoring processes and procedures to ensure a high level of financial control for all financial disciplines
- Control costs and oversee overheads management reporting and variance analysis
- Responsible for the monthly preparation of the management accounts (P&L and AUM) including detailed review, analysis and commentary
- Oversee and manage direct reports
- FX exposure management
- Responsible for the management of the Balance Sheet, including support schedules, impairment tests and working capital / cash management
- Calculation and reporting of all taxes excluding payroll taxes (VAT, corporation and other tax)
- Regulatory reporting & monitoring for all regulated entities to applicable regulators;
- Manage the annual budget and forecasting processes within deadlines. Assist with the preparation of the budget reporting and analysis
- Coordinate External Audits including being the main contact person, agreeing an audit timetable with auditors and managing internal resources to deliver requirements on time
- Oversee the production of the annual financial statements
Applicants should be ACA, ACCA, or CIMA qualified and have previous experience in a similar role in an asset management organisation.
Please note that you will need to have relevant right to work in the UK already in place as visa sponsorship is unavailable