Our Client a niche asset manager in london are recruiting for a Fund Operations Manager The role will cover Public and Private Markets Fund Operations across a European Fund Range The role requires a candidate with strong fund operations across BAU, Oversight and Projects
The purpose of the Fund Launch and Operations Project Manager role is to implement a disciplined project management process across a wide range of projects ensuring appropriate timelines, milestones, dependencies, and resources are identified, monitored and communicated.
The Fund Launch and Operations Project Manager will primarily focus on the day-to-day management of the fund projects including fund launches, closures, changes, and help to facilitate fund transitions. The Fund Launch and Operations Project Manager will be expected to take on and support other non-fund related cross business projects as part of this role.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to manage projects, and transition events in accordance with agreed processes and procedures.
- Project manage the end-to-end process and mitigate risks associated with assigned projects and provide coverage for transition events. Establish project plans, agreeing timelines with relevant internal and external stakeholders, monitoring, and reporting on milestones, actions, risks, and escalating issues as appropriate.
- Manage communication internally and externally to ensure all stakeholders are aware of progress and are contributing towards the target completion dates.
- Manage communication under guidance with external parties including but not limited to legal counsel, fund administrators, investment managers, transition managers and depositary.
- Produce progress reports and provide clear and definitive updates as required for project meetings, Committees and Steering Group meetings.
- Establish effective working relationships across all internal teams as required.
- Establish and maintain robust project management standards across all projects, feeding into the wider firms change policy and scope.
- Deliver timely and accurate reporting, capturing ‘lessons learned’ and leading by example in a continuous improvement mind-set.
- Manage risk in the resolution and escalation of project issues.
Essential skills, knowledge, and experience
- Proven track record in project delivery gained in Asset Management.
- Strong funds experience and knowledge of fund structures across different asset classes, ideally needs to be familiar with Private Markets, Fund of Funds, and ACS (Authorised Contractual Schemes) or similar Public Market Fund structures.
- Candidates will ideally have a minimum A Level standard of education along with a solid track record in Fund Launches and Transitions to be considered.
- Strong analytical skills with ability to evaluate issues, propose and implement solutions and consider all downstream implications and risk mitigation factors.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to prepare concise presentations and ongoing reporting.
- Proven project management skills and capabilities in complex environments.
- Experience with project management systems, tools, and methodologies.