Our client is a leading global consultancy specialising in the alternative assets space. They are seeking to appoint up to two recent graduates to join the London-based consulting team. Ideally you will have at least 6-months work experience, gained during internships, a university placement year or post-graduation, and will have a strong interest in building a career in financial consulting.
Working with clients across Europe, you will be responsible for supporting projects to drive operational improvements within investment firms. These projects usually involve working with significant amounts of financial data and typically centre around digital transformation e.g. implementing a new system. You must be comfortable working across multiple projects in a busy team, with a flexible mix of office-based and home-working arrangements.
In this role you will:
- Work closely with lead consultants to support each project engagement from scoping through to solution design, testing, training and implementation
- Analyse financial data, transforming and reconciling end results to support data migration and technology implementation
- Deliver high quality outputs, using data to draw meaningful conclusions and presenting the client with more than just the numbers
- Gain an insight into project management processes, learn how to interact with clients in a consulting capacity, as well as building an in-depth understanding about the private equity and alternative investment industry.
The successful graduate analyst will:
- Hold a degree or post graduate qualification in a related field, such as Finance, Accounting, Business, Technology, Engineering or Economics.
- Be able demonstrate excellent skills in MS Excel, or willingness to learn, including advanced functions, macros and pivot tables. Graduates with experience of working with financial data will be at an advantage.
- Have previous internship or work experience, preferably with a financial organisation or consulting firm
- Be able to demonstrate a genuine interest in building a career in the management consulting industry, and a passion for technology
- Have good attention to detail and be comfortable working with data and software packages. You will also have exceptional communication skills and be able to build relationships with people at various levels within an organisation.
This client offers a competitive base salary, comprehensive package including private health cover and contributory pension, as well as study support for professional training and qualifications.