About this role:
Reporting into the Head of Tax - EMEA and APAC, the Head of VAT Advisory - EMEA and APAC serves as the main internal value-added tax contact and expert resource for all businesses and entities operating within these regions while working with a complementary team of individual contributors. This role covers value-added tax advisory and compliance support activities. Additional responsibilities include working with the rest of the VAT team to provide expert advice, to design and implement tax strategies, to support the organisation by liaising with tax authorities and working with internal partners on VAT matters. This role will help the organisation by ensuring compliance with applicable laws and regulations, developing and implementing effective tax strategies, and consulting on the impacts of changes to tax legislation and regulations to the company. In this role, you will:
- Oversee and direct the day-to-day responsibilities of the regional VAT teams
- Review and approve material VAT filings
- Serve as a point of contact for regional management, transaction related tax considerations and regional external tax advisors
- Manage external relationships related to VAT filings and tax support
- Serve as a primary contact with HMRC and Irish Revenue for VAT issues
- Provide advice, review and consideration as to the reasonableness of regional VAT calculations including UK PESM
- Serve as a primary tax contact and advisor for business activities located within region
- Develop and oversee a culture of team development and teamwork to meet business objectives
- Communicate practices and procedures for proper control activities in accordance with the Company's internal controls policies
- Work with stakeholders to implement key risk initiatives
- Articulate impact of policy changes to management within business group or companywide
We Value Diversity
- VAT experience is must
- Effective skills to drive value, manage risk, and promote a culture of inclusion and development while being responsible for the VAT advisory and review efforts across EMEA and APAC
- Strong UK and Ireland VAT technical knowledge and international VAT experience
- Relevant experience working with a team across multiple time zones and countries
- Excellent communication and analytical skills to facilitate communication and collaboration with a wide range of stakeholders on relevant and complex tax concepts
- Highly effective at partnering and developing relationships across the organization
- Ability to operate independently while driving continual improvement across the function
- Relevant experience in the financial services industry as well as working with HMRC and Irish Revenue
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.