On our path to becoming the world's favorite way to shop, we're assembling an unparalleled global talent network, accelerating individual careers, and disrupting entire industries. We are on a mission to liberate humanity from all the meaningless time spent managing their purchases and finances, so they can do more of what they love. We're in search of global talent eager to embrace our atmosphere and defy their own expectations.
We are looking for an ICFR Specialist as part of our Process & Controls Improvements team. The team is responsible for the framework of internal controls over financial reporting (ICFR) and improvements of finance processes. In this role you will focus on end to end ICFR Framework procedures. In your work you will make sure that Klarna's ICFR framework is properly applied to all processes within scope in order to assure the reliability of Klarna's financial statements. The work environment is dynamic and there is opportunity to implement path defining solutions every now and then. As a team we help each other out and you will also likely find yourself assisting with ad hoc questions within the scope of the team. We are looking for a highly driven person with a combination of analytical skills and a great team spirit. If you also enjoy a dynamic international environment and are known for your accounting knowledge this might be the right opportunity for you! Role description for ICFR specialist is to support the end to end ICFR Framework procedures, including
As part of the Financial Reporting domain you are likely to get an opportunity to:
- Facilitate external auditors with necessary support at year end audit and controls walkthroughs
- Keeping up to date ICFR dashboard and ensure Control deficiency are tracked & remedied in agreed timelines
- Assist in Pre Audit testing to ensure all control are performed and documented as planned
- Help in yearly scoping and risk assessment process, including the design and implementation of controls
- Maintaining integration of ICFR framework into group operational risk control framework
- Help in making annual ICFR resilience statement
- Help in control implementation of already designed controls.
You should have:
- Contribute to the financial reporting process (monthly, quarterly, yearly), both on local GAAP level as well as in IFRS for the group
- Pro-actively and effectively communicate with various stakeholders, discussing the process optimization and risk assessment as well as regulatory requirements, assessing their impact and proposing solutions/optimisations
- Take part in/lead various initiatives that involve multi-competence cross functional collaboration, such as new market/products financial reporting setup, new systems implementation, process improvement leaps etc.
- Develop as a professional in an entrepreneurial organization that provides opportunity to work with your areas of interest
What we offer: Diversity & Community
- A degree from a university in a numerate subject (e.g. Accounting, Economics, Commerce) or a comparable professional education as tax accountant or financial accountant
- Demonstrated experience in driving change and taking a proactive approach in process improvement
- 1-3 years experience in Risk Control Compliance
- Applicable work experience in a high-pace environment and willingness to have a diverse set of tasks and responsibilities
- Strong Accounting & Financial statement literacy
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English, other languages are a plus
With our diversity of skills, perspectives and backgrounds, we can create, innovate, and disrupt like no other. Diversity is part of who we are, and essential to our success. Ownership & Impact
Here, every voice matters. We're organized into hundreds of small teams, each run like a start-up, focused on their own problem-space. Trust & Collaboration
Successes and failures are won together at Klarna in a melting pot of teams. Win, lose, and learn, we're on this path together.
If you love what you do, you should love where you do it. We appreciate that everyone's different and has their own preferences of where and how to work. We genuinely believe in the power of regular face-to-face interactions in building close connections with our teams, but we also strongly believe people can work effectively remotely. This means that combining both is the key to success.
At Klarna, You can choose between working from the office, remotely within your employment country, or even outside of it for up to 20 working days per year. Flex it up! Challenges & Rewards
We take a very Swedish approach to benefits. Support for parents, health and wellness perks-we've got you covered. About Klarna
Since 2005 Klarna has been on a mission to revolutionize the retail banking industry. With over 150 million global active users and 2 million transactions per day, Klarna is meeting the changing demands of consumers by saving them time and money while helping them be informed and in control. Over 450,000 global retail partners, including H&M, Saks, Sephora, Macys, IKEA, Expedia Group, and Nike have integrated Klarna's innovative technology to deliver a seamless shopping experience online and in-store. Klarna has over 6,000 employees and is active in 45 markets. For more information, visit Klarna.com
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender, identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.