International Tax Manager
Job Purpose Statement
The Columbia Threadneedle Investments ('CTI') EMEA region Tax department is part of the CTI Finance team and is responsible for managing and overseeing all the ongoing tax obligations of the CTI EMEA Group.
CTI is owned by Ameriprise Financial Inc ('Ameriprise') and the CTI EMEA Tax department works closely with the Ameriprise tax team who report to the Ameriprise Chief Financial Officer.
As part of the overarching risk management framework, the EMEA tax team works closely with the business and is informed and consulted on business changes, in order to proactively identify tax risks and to ensure that the level of risk is well understood and within acceptable parameters.
Columbia Threadneedle Investments EMEA region comprises a significant London and Luxembourg presence, with offices in various European cities and an expanding presence globally.
In this role you will take the lead on providing an efficient and robust tax advisory and compliance environment both in EMEA and to the US parent, as well as liaison with auditors.
The role is part of a 4-person tax team based in London.
Ideally you have previous experience working within the Asset Management industry or have an understanding of the multi-jurisdictional tax reporting regime with multiple statutory requirements.
You will have an opportunity to be involved in various tax projects and gain greater exposure to wider international tax issues. Role Responsibilities How you'll spend your time.....
- Preparation and review of accounting provision information for accounting and reporting purposes, and a touchpoint for the broader finance team ensuring that the tax position is accurately recorded in the accounts of the EMEA entities.
- Facilitating and ensuring that direct tax compliance, including reporting is maintained for the EMEA group.
- Assist with the implementation and maintenance of Transfer Pricing arrangements across the group and ensure that the group Transfer Pricing policies are adhered to and that reporting and analysis accurately reflects the underlying business agreements and needs.
- Provide tax consulting advice on significant M&A transactions and business restructures. Acting as SME to project team as required.
- Proactively identify tax risks for the business and work with advisors and stakeholders to ensure changes in tax law and regulations are complied with.
- Support HR/Payroll with ad hoc employment tax queries.
- Preparation and review of VAT returns and related compliance, as well as providing advice and explaining implications of potential decisions as required to the wider business on VAT treatment across the UK, EMEA and Asia.
- Support key business initiatives, communicate financial impact of taxes in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Manage relationships with tax authorities and advisors.
- Liaison with external auditors as required.
16387BR About Columbia Threadneedle Investments
You'll find the promise we make to our clients is the same one we make to our employees: Your success is our priority.
Here, you'll find growth and career opportunities across all of our businesses. We're intentionally built to help you succeed. Our reach is expansive with a global team of 2,000 people working together. Our expertise is diverse with more than 450 investment professionals sharing global perspectives across all major asset classes and markets. Our clients have access to a broad array of investment strategies and we have the capability to create bespoke solutions matched to clients' specific requirements.
Columbia Threadneedle is a people business and we recognize that our success is due to our talented people, who bring diversity of thought, complementary skills and capabilities. We are committed to providing an inclusive workplace that supports the diversity of our employees and reflects our broader communities and client-base.
We appreciate that work-life balance is an important factor for many when considering their next move so please discuss any flexible working requirements directly with your recruiter.