The individual will assist with the analysis of quantitative, structural, legal and credit aspects of securitisation transactions both in a primary and surveillance capacity. Furthermore, the role includes supporting the creation of research as well as working on special projects intended to enhance ARC's analytical approaches. The candidate will be expected to support lead analysts in rating committees and provide their opinion on the potential credit impact of different factors on the credit strength of rated transactions. No previous structured finance experience required.
As a junior analyst, assist with the analysis and review of all quantitative, structural, legal, and credit aspects of securitisation transactions both in a primary and surveillance capacity
- Analyse asset pools, assess transaction structures and quantitatively model cash flows using ARC’s methodologies and models/tools to formulate independent credit opinions. The analysis will also include reviewing legal documentation and third-party reports
- Assist in the preparation of committee papers on new or existing structured finance ratings
- Compile/utilise asset models and cash flow tools related to structured finance transactions
- Participation in, and ideally initiate, ad-hoc high-quality sector commentaries and topical research, transactions and performance trends
- Provide input to rating methodologies
- Interaction with structured finance counterparties such as issuers, investors and bankers
- Compilation and maintenance of a peer comparison database as well as some involvement with analysis of corporate ratings
- Conduct originator and servicer reviews as well as investor outreach meetings
- Strong academic record
- Academic degree (MSc/BSc or equivalent) in finance, law, engineering, mathematics, real estate, economics, statistics or other related quantitative field
- CFA/CQF advantageous
- Strong quantitative aptitude, proven analytical skills and logical analytical thought process; strong attention to detail
- No previous structured finance experience required
- Experience in handling customer relationships
- Understanding of investment, financial and fixed income markets
- Strong credit, financial modelling skills advantageous
- High level knowledge and ability with Excel
- Strong understanding of accounting issues advantageous
- Understanding of industry, regulatory and economic aspects affecting structured finance advantageous
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English essential
- Spoken and written proficiency in Spanish, Italian or French advantageous but not essential (this at a legal documentation reading level)
- Ability to communicate effectively and build relationships with issuers, investors, bankers, journalists and other market professionals
- Ability to travel across EMEA/UK on a regular basis is required
- Sound judgment and highest ethical standards; capable of developing independent opinions and defending own views
- Proactive, flexible, diligent and dependable
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently and independently
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and meet tight deadlines and work under pressure
We are open to all applications within the UK. This position has the possibility to work from home.
Please send C.V.s and cover email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date: 22nd July 2022.