Lead Sharepoint Developer
Who we're looking for
An experienced lead developer (10+ years) who is ready to take the next step in their career to drive the design, implementation and adoption of Cloud collaboration technologies.
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 5,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper.
Technology at Schroders
There's a huge amount of change going on at Schroders. Technology's shaping our business more and more, so there are many opportunities waiting to be grabbed. And because we're a big financial player, we can put hefty backing behind good ideas.
We're a serious business - we have enormous responsibilities to our clients and shareholders. But just because we're suited and booted, that doesn't make us stuffy; our tech teams are friendlier and more informal than you might expect.
We moved into our new HQ in the City of London in 2018. We're close to our clients, in the heart of the UK's financial centre. And we have everything we need to work flexibly.
The Employee Collaboration team is part of Schroders' Global Technology and Change Division. We use SAFe Agile practices to work closely with our business stakeholders and deliver workplace collaboration solutions that meet their needs.
What you'll do
Your role will initially focus on the delivery of SharePoint Online / O365. Following the successful launch, you and your peers will continue to deliver functionality enhancements to our users, whilst decommissioning our existing SharePoint on-premise stack.
You will be involved in every aspect of solution delivery, including solution analysis, design, technical development and implementation, stakeholder engagement, and user roll-out.
We are working to establish a low-friction delivery pipeline to meet our goals, and so experience in similar environments and DevOps practices is a must.
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
• End-to-end delivery of SharePoint solutions and enhancements
• Collaboration with peers from Infrastructure, InfoSec and business functions
• Integration of third-party vendor customisations and add-ins
• Automation of processes, deployments, and system migrations
• Solid SharePoint 2016 and Online / O365 development expertise, with in depth knowledge of SharePoint 2016 On-Premise Add-In model
• Experience developing / deploying SPFX applications
• Experience developing applications using 0365 Power Platform (PowerBI, PowerAutomate, PowerApps) and MSTeams
• Knowledge of using Nintex to develop workflows
• Previous experience of SharePoint migrations (on-premise to on-premise and on-premise to Cloud)
• Knowledge of AvePoint Migration and Governance Automation Tooling (on-premise / Cloud)
• Experience using a broad range of vendor tools for system deployment, testing, migration, monitoring, and debugging
• Experience of automating processes in a CI / CD environment via PowerShell
• Familiar with git version control and common branching strategies
• Experience working in Agile delivery environments and facilitating development backlog estimation
• Excellent communication skills
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
• Experience working with Middleware and Implementing Interfaces (.NET Core, WCF, REST, JSON, ODATA etc.)
• SharePoint 2016 Architecture, Object Model and APIs
• Experience of leading and mentoring more junior developers, ensuring work is delivered in a timely fashion
• Ability to step into the Capability Lead's shoes to represent the team with other technology colleagues, business stakeholders and vendors when required
• Ensure Employee Collaboration technology alignment with the Enterprise Architecture vision during prioritisation and throughout delivery. Provide the technical leadership to the team
• Support the Capability Lead to balance and refine the backlog to ensure that delivery of technical and architectural enablers are appropriately prioritised.
What you'll be like
• Friendly: people the world over like working with you, and they're never afraid to ask you for help
• Curious: Interested in the latest tech developments, and how you can use them
• Calm: you're positive under pressure and happy to take the lead in challenging times
• Gutsy: you know 'good' isn't good enough. So you solve problems and challenge the status quo to find better ways to do things.
We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.
Note to Agencies:
Schroders does not accept speculative CV's from agencies. We do have a PSL who are invited to support us when required. We only pay fees to agencies instructed to send CV's and are submitted through our recruitment portal. We do not pay fees on speculative or unsolicited CV's sent to Schroders or Schroders employees and reserve the right to contact unsolicited CV's directly.