This is a great opportunity for an ACA qualified accountant with 2+ years in M&A to join a very busy team in the City.
M&A Associate – mid market M&A Boutique
Job Description – Associate
My client is an M&A boutique, with an excellent track record and brand in the market, working with privately owned businesses to find the best buyers for the shareholders. They have excellent service levels and seek talented people who share their values: smart thinking, collegiate and dynamic.
They are looking for a Corporate Finance Associate to join their consumer team. This is an environment where you will build on your existing skills and experience true responsibility, deal flow and opportunities for promotion.
- Working on sell side projects through the transaction lifecycle, including project managing all internal aspects of a sales process from start to finish
- On all calls and meetings
- Taking the #2 speaking role on a pitch
- Overseeing the analyst function with limited supervision from higher levels
- Acting as key point of contact with operational levels (e.g. finance function) of the client, and from time to time shareholders, depending on task
- Negotiating EV bridge with buyers, with supervision
- Supporting senior colleagues in negotiating offers
Required Skills and Experience:
The successful candidate should have the following attributes:
- ACA qualified with minimum two years’ post qualification experience working in Corporate Finance/M&A
- Ability to work on multiple transactions simultaneously.
- Ability to mark-up and contribute in SPA and other legal discussions
- Enthusiasm for working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with an ability to grasp and understand business issues quickly
- Appetite for varied project work and a desire to contribute to a highly successful M&A team
- Ability to work accurately under time pressure and manage multiple commitments
- Able to deliver and to work effectively across teams
- Excellent interpersonal skills and confidence when interacting with colleagues and clients in business and social situations
This is an excellent opportunity to join a busy M&A team with a strong deal pipeline and plenty of room to grow into a senior banker.