At M&G our purpose is to help people manage and grow their savings and investments, responsibly.
As a business, we are continuing to take steps towards a sustainable future, delivering better long-term solutions for our customers and clients and identifying new opportunities to make a positive impact for our environment and communities . To help us achieve our vision we're looking for exceptional people who live our values of care and integrity and who can inspire others; embrace change; deliver results and keep it simple.
We will consider flexible working arrangements for any of our roles and also offer work place accommodations to ensure you have what you need to effectively deliver in your role. The Role:
M&G Alternatives is the alternative assets management team within M&G plc that currently manages over £10 billion of assets across the strategies of Private Equity, Real Assets and Diversifying Strategies. The London based team currently consists of 28 professionals covering Investment, ESG, Portfolio Management and Operational Due Diligence. M&G Alternatives has been investing on behalf of clients since 2000; the breadth of opportunity within alternative assets provides flexibility in deploying capital & generating attractive risk-adjusted returns and continues to be a growing asset class for M&G.
The Portfolio Management team focus on the day-to-day management of all M&G Alternatives' client portfolios covering segregated managed accounts, advisory portfolios and closed end funds. The team covers a broad range of investments including private funds, co-investments, direct private assets, hedge funds and listed securities.
To help manage the portfolio, the team uses a number of platforms, both cloud based and bespoke internal systems, that require ongoing monitoring and maintenance, as well as data capture and curation.
We are looking for a Senior Associate level individual to join the Portfolio Management Team, working across its existing functions and taking responsibility for the quality of data in the platforms, streamline and enhance the reporting for internal and external stakeholders, as well as managing junior resource to assist with the process. Key Responsibilities:
The individual will take ownership of the data platform, ensuring all data is checked for completeness, accuracy and existence, and manage the reporting obligations to the team, the investment committee and clients. Specific responsibilities for the existing book (amongst other areas) include:
Key Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Platform management
- Liaise with external data providers to resolve issues and monitor services
- Instigate and manage projects to identify process improvements or evaluate alternative data providers and sources
- Identify, design and monitor other controls and reconciliations to ensure data hygiene across the platforms
- Data management
- Capturing quarterly fund performance data from managers' reports
- Recording holding level performance data for holdings that fall outside of third party data remits
- Review of data completeness reports in main CRM system and resolution of missing items
- Review of other error logs and resolution of log entries
- Investigation of data issues and discrepancies
- Capture ad-hoc data from emails, PDFs and other sources
- Reporting. Production of:
- Monthly Investment Committee report
- Quarterly Fund reports
- Exposure and forecast reporting
- Ad-hoc client requests
- Team Management
- Managing junior resource to assist with the process
This role is ideally suited to someone who can demonstrate:
- A conscientious manner, self-starter with excellent attention to detail and ability to deliver outputs in a timely manner;
- Strong analytical skills and ability to investigate and resolve data issues;
- Project management skills ranging from design of a project through to management, monitoring and completion;
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written) and ability to work with stakeholders across the organisation and externally;
- Strong Excel skills, particularly in relation to data capture and manipulation;
- Ability to work well both individually and as a team member;
- Knowledge of private markets would be beneficial but is not essential; and
- Exposure to the following systems and platforms would be advantageous but not essential:
- Burgiss Private i
Work Level: Manager or Expert
Recruiter: Emily Northcott
Closing Date: 10th March 2023
We have a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture at M&G plc, underpinned by our policies and our employee-led networks who provide networking opportunities, advice and support for the diverse communities our colleagues represent. Regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, nationality or disability we are looking to attract, promote and retain exceptional people. We also welcome those who take part in military service and those returning from career breaks.