Canada Life UK looks after the retirement, investment and protection needs of individuals, families and companies. We help to build better futures for our customers, our intermediaries and our employees by operating as a modern, agile and welcoming organisation.
Part of our parent company Great-West Lifeco, Canada Life UK has operated in the United Kingdom since 1903. We have hundreds of respected and supported employees committed to doing the right thing for our customers and colleagues.
Canada Life UK is transforming to create a more customer-focused business by providing our customers with expertise on financial and tax planning, offering home finance and annuities propositions, and providing collective fund solutions to third party customers. Job Summary
What You'll Do
- To ensure that we put the customer at the heart of everything we do in line with our company values.
- To deliver a high quality of work ensuring that these are accurate and within stated timescales.
- To work as part of a team as well as with other colleagues to enhance the overall customer experience.
- To contribute to the team ethic, working with colleagues in training and the improvement of knowledge, constantly striving to enhance the overall customer experience. Adhere to mortgage underwriting process and procedures are in accordance with our current lending policy.
Who You Are
- To take responsibility for end to end process of tasks undertaken, ensuring own knowledge of underwriting policy; all products and regulatory environment is understood and complied with. To amend and maintain accurate company records to ensure legislative, customer and company requirements are met. To maintain technical product knowledge in order to support team colleagues, provide cover, and achieve department objectives.
- To answer incoming telephone enquiries and emails across the full product range, respond to them and fully document how they were resolved, ensuring that all communications are handled accurately and adopting the most appropriate method of communication. To maintain relationships with advisers and other business areas.
- Investigate and resolve complaints and queries, in line with the Divisional and Regulatory complaints procedures, identifying and addressing the cause and remedying the underlying issue of the complaint and balancing the needs of the customer, the Company and Regulator.
- Actively contribute to the continuous improvement and development of the team, through reviewing procedures to meet expectations of service and conduct, and improve on own self development.
- Diligent and conscientious in the accuracy of their work, excellent attention to detail
- Excellent Customer Service experience
- "Can Do", proactive attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to operate in a fast paced, dynamic environment and able to work under pressure
- Intermediate knowledge and experience of MS Office
- Qualifications / Experience
- Previous mortgage underwriting experience preferably in the Equity Release industry also BTL and mainstream lending would be a benefit.
- Experience in a mortgage administration or underwriting role within a Bank or Building Society is essential
- Essential Intermediate level of knowledge of FCA regulation re residential mortgages is essential
What you'll like about working here
- Minimum of 5 A*-C GCSEs (including English and Maths)
As a Canada Life UK colleague, you'll receive a competitive salary and comprehensive reward package including income protection, private medical insurance and life assurance, along with a generous pension and bonus scheme. You'll also receive the support you need with your personal and professional development. Diversity and inclusion
Canada Life is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer of choice is to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences