Principal Solutions Architect
Solutions Architects work hand in hand with AWS customers to help them make the most of the Cloud and unlock innovation at pace. They are at the crossroads of business and technology and engage with organizations at all stages of cloud adoption. They will work on market innovative topics like Smart stores, Smart warehouses, Computer vision or Digital assistants.
Principal Solutions Architects work on the most complex customer challenges and opportunities. They have a leading role in developing both an offering tailored to the Retail industry and the Solutions Architecture team itself. They combine an informed view of the market with their understanding of emerging technology trends to speed-up innovation across their customer segment. Externally, they are recognized thought leaders and influence the strategy of our customers. Internally, they earn a reputation of role models and deliver bar-raising guidance to the broader Solutions Architecture team.
In this role you will get to practice your creativity, linking technology to tangible solutions and educating AWS customers about the art of the possible. You will have the opportunity to define or invent cloud-native reference architectures for a variety of use cases (e.g. Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Serverless and Container based architectures, Analytics and Big Data, DevOps or Security).
The Solutions Architecture team is a diverse group of technologists from a variety of backgrounds. Practical knowledge of the AWS platform is desired but not required, provided you have a sound technical foundation and a desire to learn.
At Amazon you will be encouraged and rewarded for doing what is right for the long-term success of the customer. We value your passion to discover, invent and build on behalf of customers.
Amazon has always been, and always will be, committed to diversity and inclusion. We seek builders from all backgrounds to join our teams, and we encourage our employees to bring their authentic, original, and best selves to work.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Work directly with customers to assist them in achieving their long-term business outcomes by accelerating their cloud journey with architectural guidance based on best-practices to migrate their mission-critical workloads.
• Build technical relationships with Retail customers up to the C-suite and operate as their trusted advisor. The best interests of the customer will shape the guidance you provide.
• Proactively work within the organization to influence the evolution of the platform
• Take a leading role in the creation and sharing of best practices, technical content and new reference architectures (e.g. white papers, code samples, blog posts).
• Evangelize and educate about AWS technology and industry trends (e.g. through workshops, user groups, meetups, public speaking, online videos or conferences).
• Help develop the technical elements of the AWS go-to-market strategy, and the plan to engage with customers and partners, within your area of responsibility.
• Contribute to the growth of the Solutions Architecture organization by interviewing candidates and having a voice in hiring decisions. You will also be helping others develop new skills by mentoring team members and identifying talent needs in the organization
• Develop areas of depth in technical domains relevant to your interests and your customer's outcomes.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • Background in any of the following: Cloud Architecture, Systems Design, Software Development, Infrastructure Architecture, Data Engineering or DevOps
• Experience driving technical and/or organizational change of significant complexity
• Technical Degree (Computer Science, Maths, Engineering or equivalent) and/or relevant tech experience.
• Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English
• Passion for technology and for learning
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Experience within the Retail industry
• Working knowledge of cloud native architectures
• Experience working in a customer-facing role and/or with public speaking
• AWS certification (e.g. AWS Solutions Architect Associate or Professional) or other industry certification