Regulatory Reporting Manager position working for a market-leading Brokerage business in the City.
This role involves leading a dynamic team of skilled accountants within the Prudential Reporting division.
The team plays a pivotal role in meeting the external reporting obligations of the EMEA Finance team, with a focus on Regulatory and Statutory reporting across all entities within the EMEA region.
In addition to ensuring compliance with regulatory and statutory reporting requirements, this role offers the opportunity to actively contribute to a range of Finance-related projects and initiatives. It's a hands-on finance position that requires a self-driven professional with exceptional communication, organisational, managerial, and analytical abilities.
Efficiency is key, but not at the expense of accuracy and control. Collaboration with various other functions within the finance department will form a significant aspect of this role.
- Management of EMEA Prudential Reporting team.
- Lead the delivery of prudential regulatory reporting requirements (FCA, EBA, NFA, CFTC, & DFSA)
- Lead the planning and delivery of annual statutory accounts for EMEA controlled entities
- Working with the business to optimise return on capital across EMEA
- Responsible for the Finance inputs into the EMEA Internal Capital Adequacy and Risk Assessment (ICARA).
- Draft technical papers for approval to support prudential and accounting decisions
- Manage and develop the team. Assign work and provide guidance, coaching and support.
- Continue to develop the ongoing monthly analytical review process for Legal Entities, investigating and documenting material variances.
- Design effective financial resource monitoring, working closely with Risk and Business.
- Consume the new EMEA Sub-Group consolidation process from Group Finance, and implement a consolidation framework at the EMEA level to support both financial and prudential reporting requirements.
- Support process and control (path to green) improvements across the Finance team.
- Foster strong working relationships across wider EMEA Finance team, Group Finance, Company Secretarial team and the external auditors.
Experience / Competences
- Understanding of both the accounting (IFRS) and prudential environment is required.
- Finance Professional (ACA, CIMA, ACCA, MBA Finance) with significant post qualification experience in financial and/or regulatory control roles.
- Experience in delivering new reporting requirements and process change.
- Skilled in Microsoft applications software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook etc.).
- Experience of Oracle Financials and Onestream preferred.
- Able to demonstrate an ability to professionally develop staff, ensuing load balances are correct and extracting the best out of the team resources.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Demonstrated organisation skills including multi-tasking, prioritisation and delivery.
- Self-motivated and goal orientated, taking responsibility and ownership.
- Ability to identify problems, propose and implement solutions.
- Accurate deliverables without loss of clarity, timeliness or sight of the bigger picture.