twentyAI is working with a Neo-bank that is aggressively expanding and setting up branches in the UK, Spain, Italy, Germany, Netherlands and Portugal.
They are launching new products and initiatives as they grow into new markets, and to support them on the expansion they need immediately available regulatory reporting experts who can start within the next two weeks. The team is busy with BAU and audit so are understaffed for the product launch which is where this need has come up.
The most crucial aspect of the role is the language, as opening up in the new countries will require someone that can speak the language and communicate with the regulators. Portuguese and Italian are the key ones they’re looking for. From a regulatory perspective this individual would need experience with FINREP, COREP, Statistical Reporting, Asset Encumbrance, and ALM.
This role is 100% remote and is initially a 4 month contract outside of IR35, though it’s likely to extend because there is so much work that needs to be carried out. The business doesn’t often hire contractors so it’s an opportunity to get in the door, work hands on with this project away from BAU at one of the most exciting businesses in recent years.
What you’ll be doing
- Producing current regulatory reports
- Reviewing all regulatory reports including capital returns, financial statements prior to submission
- Assessing, developing and maintaining proper controls, robust documentation, and change management approaches for all reporting areas - automated and manual - associated with regulatory reporting function
- Communicating issues with appropriate data owners. Monitor and track issues to ensure timely and appropriate resolutions are achieved
- Participating in bank examinations and internal and external audits
- Staying current on new and evolving regulatory reporting requirements, assessing impact and ensuring compliance for accurate reporting
- Working closely with our financial and accounting teams to ensure financial reporting and decision support is consistent in all future regulatory applications
What you'll need
- Experience working with COREP, FINREP, and statistical reporting
- Proficient in regulatory reporting standard software (Abacus)
- Strong analytical and numerical skills
- Ability to make sense of regulation and develop processes & frameworks to compile new reports as well as enhance existing ones
- 5+ year’s experience as an Auditor in big 4, regulatory reporting manager
- A self-starter and independent worker
- A highly self-motivated individual with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to relate to local cultural aspects while working in a highly diverse environment
- Well organised to help plan and deliver to tight deadlines with attention to detail
- Proven experience in project management