TwentyAI are partnered with a leading Investment Bank who are seeking a recently Qualified Accountant to act as Technical Lead. This position will do the prudential assessment and deal with ongoing issues, partnering with the BAU teams, policy experts and the legal entity controllers. This role will move away from BAU reporting
Work closely with the Regulatory and EMEA Controller, conduct assurance reviews on key external submissions, with the aim of identifying issues and errors for discussion and resolution
- Assist in identification of root causes of issues identified during review activity, and partner with the Controls team and the Business As Uusual (BAU) reporting staff to remediate effectively
- Contribute to the planning, testing and implementation of projects and initiatives, which affect the EMEA Controllers and wider finance teams.
- Build relationships with second and third line of defence teams, and support their validation of the remediation of the outstanding issues relating to Data.
- Ensure adherence to the internal Governance and Oversight framework, and compliance with all internal recommendations and guidance.
- Support development of a 'best in class' EMEA Controller team, and by extension the International Controllers organisation by aligning to key principles and priorities set by the International Controller and EMEA CFO.
- Support the digital transformation agenda within the EMEA Controller function, as a way of mitigating operational risk, ensuring that key control principles are embedded at the heart of automation and efficiency efforts
Required Qualifications, International:
- Deep knowledge of core regulatory and financial reporting responsibilities and outputs (capital & liquidity, financial & statistical, core financial reporting) for PRA, FCA and EBA (with US reporting advantageous), plus broad knowledge of the financial services industry, products, and services
- Strong technical understanding of rulesets and reporting instructions connected with above regulatory authorities
- Understanding of risks and mitigating controls expected within a regulatory reporting function
- Knowledge of regulatory assurance activity approaches (including presentation of results)
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently within a team structure.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to present concisely and accurately to senior audiences.
- Intuitive; fast learner with good problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated success with collaborating and positively influencing business units to identify, formulate, and implement processes/procedures to drive change
- Proven ability to work autonomously, independent thinker and quick decision maker.
- Good time management and organisational skills.
- Qualified accountant
- Financial Services / Investment Banking experience