Join us as a Compliance Manager
What you'll do
- This role provides an opportunity to support, develop and embed the risk and control mechanisms for the business, independently overseeing and challenging the effective management of risks and controls
- You'll provide support, advice, MI and escalation to leaders and the overall business on risk management, recommending necessary actions to the management team for establishing and achieving financial objectives
- Broaden your regulatory knowledge and understanding and develop in a strategic, proactive role which supports the management of the bank's risk profile
This Compliance Manager role will see you helping to develop and manage our compliance and conduct policies so that we can make sure they are fit for purpose and meet the relevant regulatory expectations.
You'll be assessing existing and proposed financial plans and policies to make sure the bank's financial administration is efficient and effective, as well as identifying areas of concern, bringing significant variances with supporting detail to the attention of management.
Day-to-day, you'll be:
The skills you'll need
- Facilitating robust practices across teams in your business area
- Preparing, managing and maintaining business self-assurance checks and providing a summary of results to the business control partner
- Working with colleagues to make sure that risks are appropriately managed within the business area
- Driving a culture of proactively identifying and addressing risks across the function
- Driving compliance with the organisation's records management policy standard across the business area
To succeed in this role, you'll have experience in a compliance, conduct or risk management role or similar relevant experience. You'll have knowledge of the regulatory environment and its frameworks, and ideally experience of interpreting regulatory rules and regulations.
You'll also demonstrate:
- A methodical approach to managing risks through to mitigation
- Strong stakeholder management skills and the ability to develop internal and external relationships
- An excellent understanding of compliance policies and processes with the ability to work closely with key stakeholders to implement them across the business
- The ability to apply initiative and operate independently with limited supervision
- Knowledge of relevant legal policies, regulatory and statutory obligations, risk management and management of the internal governance framework