Airwallex is the leading financial technology platform for modern businesses growing beyond borders. With one of the world's most powerful payments and banking infrastructure, our technology empowers businesses of all sizes to accept payments, move money globally, and simplify their financial operations, all in one single platform.
Established in 2015, our purpose is to connect entrepreneurs, business builders, makers and creators with opportunities in every corner of the world. Today, Airwallex has a global footprint across Asia-Pacific, Europe, and North America.
Airwallex is looking for an experienced and highly driven sales leader to lead and continue to build our rapidly growing sales team for our Growth segment in EMEA. Within this role, you will be tasked with coaching the team on sales strategies, tactics to win, improving sales effectiveness and closing complex deals.
What You'll Be Doing...
- Enable the team to proactively prospect, identify, qualify and develop sales pipeline
- Manage metrics and stay close to the ground as we expand in the UK and EMEA
- Actively drive the creation of our sales and GTM strategy; determine which segments we should focus on, what our value props should be, how we should pitch, and iterate regularly based on result
- Build out a world class team of Account Executives - you should know how to hire A players and know what to look for in excellent sellers
- Foster strong and effective relationships, resulting in growth opportunities
What You Bring...
- Highly strategic and a structured thinking: you know how to analyse problems and solve them at their root
- Comfort in navigating ambiguity and building from the ground up
- Highly skilled at managing multiple priorities and projects - you need to be well versed in diving into the details in a wide variety of tasks - from recruiting to performance and sales analysis
- Passionate about leading and coaching; you get excited by and know how to lead people, motivate them, and build highly resilient teams
- An adept closer: you should have strong closing and deal making experience at Tier 1 sales organisation
- An owner with an entrepreneurial mindset; you own your work, your function, your results and everything in between and you know how to roll your sleeves up and creatively problem solve your way out of issues
What You'll Need...
- 8-10+ years of experience working in high performance sales environments, ideally in startups or scale ups
- A proven track record of closing deals and experience carrying a quota for yourself and team
- Experience building and leading a team (scaling experience a plus) and more importantly, a strong passion for leadership and talent development
- Exceptional analytical and organisational skills - you will have to juggle multiple balls - in one day getting on customer calls, closing deals with your team, reporting on metrics, hiring your team, coaching reps, and working on GTM strategy
- A passion for sales and adding value; you enjoy the art of going to market and get excited about closing deals and helping customers
- Ambition to grow very quickly; this is a hyper-growth role in a rocketship company, looking for people who have a deep desire and ambition to excel quickly in their career
- Experience successfully leveraging Salesforce, Outreach.io, and a sales tech stack; you know how to use tools to rapidly achieve your strategy, vs basing your strategy primarily on tools
- Fluent in using and coaching a sales methodology: e.g. Command of the Message, MEDDIC, Value Selling, Challenger etc
At Airwallex you'll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech. We want you to share in our success, which is why you'll be offered a competitive salary plus valuable equity within Airwallex. We also like to ensure we create the best environment for our people by providing a collaborative open office space with a fully stocked kitchen. We organise regular team building events and we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don't regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Airwallex does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms/recruiters. Airwallex will not pay any fees to search firms/recruiters if a candidate is submitted by a search firm/recruiter unless an agreement has been entered into with respect to specific open position(s). Search firms/recruiters submitting resumes to Airwallex on an unsolicited basis shall be deemed to accept this condition, regardless of any other provision to the contrary.