twentyAI have exclusively partnered with a hugely successful boutique Venture Capital business who over 15 years have invested into 450 exciting prospects, typically at seed and pre-seed stage.
They're looking for a strong Senior Accountant to join their small team who will be integral to the running of the finance function. You will manage the outsourced fund admin, accounting, and tax management processes. They require an individual who has ambition that matches that of the organisation
As they continue to launch new funds and expand their investor base, you’ll be championing new projects, and take the lead on automating and systemising the finance function using 3rd party tools.
The company offer a forward thinking, flexible and autonomous culture. You will have the opportunity to work from a different country for up to 2 months of the year.
- Own the finance function, leading on reporting as well as forecasting and budgeting. Covering payroll, pension and accounting for the management company and related entities
- Liaise with external compliance consultants and accountants to ensure regulatory filing obligations
- Support external tax advisors with requirements including UK tax and VAT returns
- Manage the fund administrators, ensuring investor reporting is delivered on time. This includes calculation, review and reconciliation of financial statements, portfolio valuations, capital accounts, multiples/IRRs, drawdowns and distributions.
- Oversee audit process and work closely with our third party accountants to prepare and review the accounts and confirmation statements of all entities to ensure we meet our ongoing investor and regulatory obligations and deadlines.
- Pro-actively streamline and update our internal processes and control mechanism
- You have a UK accounting qualification (ACCA/CIMA, ACA or equivalent) and have worked in management accounting (fund accounting would be a bonus!)
- Have an incredible attention to detail. You love cross checking and reviewing calculations, can’t rest until numbers match up, and have an eye for where processes can be refined
- You’re highly analytical, don’t mind getting your hands dirty and tech-savvy. You enjoy trying out new software to improve accounting processes and team efficiency
- Are a proactive (data-driven) problem solver who can think independently and take initiative
- Enjoy working with people and love building relationships