London (Hybrid) Blockchain.com is the world's leading software platform for digital assets. Offering the largest production blockchain platform in the world, we share the passion to code, create, and ultimately build an open, accessible and fair financial future, one piece of software at a time.
We are looking for experienced software engineers from a variety of technical backgrounds with a proven track record in building scalable, reliable and performant systems. You will play a critical role in evolving the core platform which drives our retail products.
Our engineering teams are involved in all aspects of the product lifecycle, from idea generation, design, prototyping, planning, execution and shipping. As a senior software engineer you should lead by example - driving the technical discussions, influencing the approach and making a positive impact on the team's development by advocating the best engineering practices. WHAT YOU WILL DO
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Build stateful financial data focused distributed services, this is the core of our operation for both retail and institutional trade.
- Become a key member of a dedicated engineering team committed to rapidly shipping, and iterating on products that directly impact millions of users.
- Advocate best practices, code quality, test coverage and drive technical discussions.
- Gain exposure to an array of technologies and frameworks such as Kafka, PostgreSQL, Redis, Docker, Akka, Kotlin. Knowledge of similar technologies and frameworks advantage (like: Axon, Vert.x, Elixir, Erlang)
- Take ownership of the financial data generated by retail and institutional trading. You will identify, collect, process (accounting, reconciliation, risk), and report them.
- Ensure security, consistency, accuracy, reliability of financial data.
- Work within interdisciplinary teams within management, business and engineering to continually deliver the highest quality software to our users, management and partners.
- Work with highly scalable reactive services, leveraging messaging and event streams.
- We build our services based on functional patterns, therefore understanding and enthusiasm for Functional Programming is important.
COMPENSATION & PERKS
- The foremost quality for this position or any position at Blockchain.com is integrity.
- You possess an innate curiosity, are a strong advocate for the best engineering practices and thrive on learning new technologies.
- You take a pragmatic approach to developing clean solutions to complex problems.
- You have experience building and shipping highly-available, fault tolerant distributed systems.
- You pride yourself on consistent high levels of test coverage, strong technical documentation and effective monitoring.
- Understanding of algorithms, data structures, databases and large-scale systems.
- Deep understanding of patterns using Event Sourcing, CQRS and messaging patterns.
- Experience with similar technologies and frameworks like: Axon, Vert.x, Elixir, Erlang is a plus.
- Preferably experience in at least one JVM based language such as Java, Kotlin, Scala, etc.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
- Unlimited learning policy; order the technical resources you need or simply pick something up from our company library.
- Apple equipment.
- Full-time salary based on experience and meaningful equity in an industry-leading company
- We work in the London office (Aldgate) on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays.
Blockchain.com is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, and apprenticeship. Blockchain makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business need at the time.