As a Senior Credit Risk Analyst, you would be responsible for the validation of risk rating assessments and credit risk analysis on financial institutions, corporates and a range of sectors across real estate debt.
The successful applicant will be responsible for credit and economic research to assess the current and potential risks and help build out monitoring tools to help credit and market risk analysis.
The ideal candidate will be able to take individual responsibility for the validation activity, while working proactively with other members of the team to increase the overall knowledge base. A significant part of this role will involve working with other teams within the investment function.
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Regularly review and assess the creditworthiness of positions held by the company and discuss these with members of the risk team
- Evaluate the risk rating of the proposed new investments to assess whether the current assessment is appropriate and accurate are suitable for purchase.
- Help coordinate and contribute to internal committees such as risk committees to enable the audience to gain a good understanding of the work of the department.
- Maintain good relationships with market makers rating agencies and other third parties to extract best value from external research and advice.
- Continue own development, especially credit research skills, in line with the team’s and the group’s objectives.
KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE / SKILLS
- Good analytical skills, with strong attention to detail and ability to draw reasoned conclusions
- A record of clear, detailed and well-argued credit reports
- Strong knowledge and experience in Microsoft office, databases, and Bloomberg.
- Demonstrate good judgment in the assessment of credit rating reviews and in the assessment of investment strategy
- Strong experience gained working in asset management, a rating agency or a bank
- CFA preferred