A large privately owned global asset manager is looking to hire a Senior Fund Controller, reporting to the Global Head of Investment Operations. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the day-to-day oversight of the multi-asset investment business across private and public funds.
The individual will be responsible for supporting and helping implement the day-to-day activities of their portfolios and providing subject matter expertise on investment and product-related projects. The team works with Equity, Fixed Income and Multi-Asset Strategies across private market funds and liquid funds. You will interact with Compliance, Risk, Treasury & FX, Operations and Product Development. You will provide daily oversight for the portfolios across the business.
- Responsible for helping build out the operating model for the private and public market fund strategies.
- Working closely with the Head of Investment Operations, you will help develop and build out new software systems with the Technology team
- Act as a point of contact and oversight for all operational matters relating to the strategies, providing support to accounting and operational colleagues across the business.
- Help manage and oversee relationships with third-party external administrators (in collaboration with Accounting and the Transfer Agency team.
- Support and manage cash and liquidity management, including regular capitalisation and liquidity forecasts in compliance with the fund-specific cash management strategy.
- Working on capital calls, distributions, subscriptions and redemptions with the internal and external administrators.
- Oversight of fund account, including hedging and FX transactions.
- Oversight of Tax/Compliance activities for the funds
- Management of the annual audit process for relevant funds and entities
- Preparation of financial information for internal and external Boards and Committee
- Building strong relationships with internal teams across the business.
- Keeping up to date with regulatory requirements and compliance.
- Degree-level educated with a strong academic background, being a qualified accountant ideally with ACA or ACCA.
- Strong background in Fund Controlling across public or private market fund strategies. Understanding of relevant accounting standards e.g. IFRS, FRS 102 and Lux GAAP
- Working understanding of local corporate taxation requirements
- Strong knowledge of the UK and Lux market from a fund structure and regulations perspective.
- Experience preparing and reviewing periodic investor fund performance reports.
- Strong in Excel and Microsoft Office application
- Organised with and structured in your approach.
- Experience in oversight and management of third-party fund administrators, accountants and tax advisors.
- Excellent communication skills
- Willingness to travel