A world-leading investment bank are seeking an experienced Java developer that has worked in an e-trading environment, ideally within repo (or rates), to work directly on their rates trading system. This role offers a combination of greenfield work and analysis of existing code, and is front office as it comes, allowing you to work directly with traders and quants.
You will be involved in the full lifecycle from requirements gathering, design, implementation, production, optimisation, monitoring and second line support. This particular role is working with the fixed income financing business, working with quants within SM&D to build automated quoting models for European repo markets.
- Extensive commercial experience of developing Java in a shared codebase
- Prior experience with algorithms or e-Trading business logic
- Experience within Repo/Rates
- Bachelor’s Degree in a quantitative, mathematical or scientific discipline
Desirable Skills/Preferred Qualifications:
- Knowledge of low latency and event driven programming
- Knowledge of Python, R, or KDB languages
- Understanding of rates markets
- Understanding of repo markets
(Salary Ranges Provided are Base Figures)