With offices in Europe, Asia and the US, this international financial services PLC has a solid reputation in the industry along with a strong track record of sustained success during its history. Their finance team in London is looking to hire an experienced and well-rounded Senior Management Accountant on an initial 12-month fixed-term contact. The ideal candidate will be fully-qualified (ACA/ACCA/CIMA and between 2-5 years post-qualified) and should bring a solid foundation of accounting experience covering management accounting, financial/legal entity control and intercompany reporting, etc. Candidates must be immediately available or available on a short notice period.
This role is within the Legal Entity Control team and will be responsible for the delivery of management and financial accounts for our EMEA regulated and trading legal entities. The role will have a primary focus on Legal Entity Control with significant emphasis on Balance Sheet substantiation, front office costs, preparation of tax analysis, monthly analytical reviews and adherence to the risk and controls framework.
- Fully-Qualified (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) candidate with post- qualification experience from industry (ideally financial services but our client will be open to sector)
- Must have worked / performed reporting in a PLC environment, within a multi-currency and multi-subsidiary business
- Well-rounded finance skill-set covering management accounting, financial controls and/or legal entity controls/reporting experience
- Understanding of what a strong/good controls environment looks like, with the ability to document accounting processes and procedures
- Good communication and influencing skills with stakeholder management experience
- Candidates must be immediately available or available on a short notice period.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure the EMEA regulated and trading entities are completed in line accounting close deadlines. Accounts should be prepared in accordance with IFRS, internal guidelines and group accounting policies.
- Take ownership for control and sign off on financial performance of assigned legal entities.
- Preparing and maintaining monthly journal entries in the GL including FX, intercompany recharges, prepayments and accruals.
- Responsible for the preparation of timely and accurate management information for key stakeholders.
- Preparation and review of balance sheet reconciliations.
- Responsible for the monthly substantiation of the GL and the reconciliation of all balances back to the relevant sub-ledgers or source systems.
- Production of variance analysis and analytical reviews for the P&L and Balance Sheet.
- Analysis and understanding of front office costs by business and entity.
- Assisting with team developments to improve efficiency, reporting and processes in a controlled environment.
- Build a rapport with counterparts in other regions to agree and settle intercompany balances and foster the sharing of best practice.
- Ensure an effective risk and control framework is embedded to support our processes.
- Assist with the annual preparation of Budgets and Forecasts for P&L and Balance Sheet, ensuring full understanding of key cost drivers.
- Year end reporting. This will include preparation of year end files for relevant legal entities, analytical reviews and assisting with audit queries.
- Assist Group Tax with the preparation of VAT returns.
- Providing financial data to the tax team for reporting and filings.
- Build and maintain professional relationships within the EMEA Finance team and other key stakeholders. There should be clear communication and adoption of Group Accounting Policies and ensure the Expenditure Control Framework is adhered to at all times.
- From time to time you will be asked to undertake any other reasonable duties as required within this role.
- Complete any mandatory training by the required deadlines.
Qualification and Requirements:
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) with several years’ PQE.
- Experience working in the financial services sector an advantage.
- Skilled in applications such as Oracle, Excel, SmartView/ASO, Discoverer.
- Experience interacting with stakeholders across different departments.
- In-depth knowledge of what a good control environment looks like.
- Attention to detail is essential