We have an exciting opportunity for a senior manager to join our Risk Management Group (RMG) to support the uplift and monitoring of Risk Frameworks related to Unauthorised Trading and Electronic Trading Risks.
You will be part of our experienced second line RMG Operational Risk - Markets aligned team, working collaboratively and closely within RMG Operational Risk and with Line 1 business stakeholders to assist in formalising, implementing, and maintaining frameworks for these key risks and performing assurance, oversight and remediation activities.
As a member of the Markets aligned risk frameworks team you will be part of the centre of expertise and act as a catalyst for change on control design, risk measurement and analysis, evaluation and reporting of Unauthorised Trading and Electronic Trading risks. You will also support the implementation of strategic control transformation initiatives led by the Frameworks Lead.
This position offers an opportunity for you to work in a rewarding and dynamic role in a fast paced and high performing team as a subject matter expert. Key responsibilities include:
- Supporting the development and implementation of our risk frameworks and supporting tools
- Reviewing oversight activities performed by our team and analysing data to identify risk themes and opportunities for improvement.
- Reviewing, challenging, and assessing Line 1 control uplift initiatives related to Electronic Trading activities.
We are looking for someone with:
- Performing Line 2 assurance activities over the management of Unauthorised Trading and Electronic Trading risks, including regulator-required validation and reporting.
- Providing insights and advice to businesses on best practices for control design, measurement, analysis and reporting of Unauthorised Trading and Electronic Trading risks.
- Keeping abreast of initiatives arising from RMG and/ or Business Groups to identify, understand and address their impacts to the risks we oversee.
- Assisting in compiling responses to requests from stakeholders including regulators, auditors, and senior management.
- Assisting with the implementation of key projects to deliver Macquarie's Operational Risk strategy.
- A tertiary degree with demonstrated leadership experience with Operational Risk Management, Internal or External Audit experience, preferably gained within a Capital Markets business of an international financial institution and/or professional services firm.
- A proven ability to work with a various range of stakeholders from a Line 1 and 2 capacities.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, and an ability to grasp abstract concepts and complex requirements to strengthen and embed robust risk management practices.
- Strong risk management skills with experience in building/implementing frameworks, as well as performing assurance activities.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability and confidence to participate in conversations with business stakeholders and risk management colleagues, articulate principles, and requirements clearly and produce meaningful reports.
- A proven ability to sustain high levels of performance in a fast-paced, output focused environment.
- A working knowledge of the regulatory environment in which Macquarie operates and possess the commercial experience and analytical mindset to make sound recommendations on operational risk management practices.
If this sounds like you then we would love to hear from you, please apply via the link below. About the Risk Management Group
In our Risk Management Group, you will be part of an independent, and centralised function, responsible for independent and objective review and challenge, oversight, monitoring and reporting in relation to Macquarie's material risks. Our divisions include behavioural risk, compliance, credit, financial crime risk, internal audit, market risk, operational risk and governance, prudential risk, and Risk Management Group central. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We are committed to providing a working environment that embraces diversity, equity and inclusion. As an inclusive employer, Macquarie does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including color and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.