As a Senior Manager in the Transfer Pricing team supporting the Macquarie Capital Business Unit you will have the opportunity to get involved in Macquarie's transfer pricing from the ground up. You will play a critical role in a time of increased regulatory scrutiny and change.
You will be tasked with the provision of transfer pricing advice on new and complex (financial services) transactions to overseeing of the completion of regulatory reporting obligations, while also taking a strategic view in dealing with increased regulatory change, as part of a global team.
Key to your success in this role will be both your Transfer Pricing technical skills and the ability to engage with key/senior stakeholders both within the business and central tax teams. Your specific focus would include the following responsibilities:
- Supporting the Transfer Pricing function within the Macquarie Capital business unit
- Provision of transfer pricing advice on new transactions
- Providing strategic guidance as to the operation of Transfer Pricing policies within the Macquarie Capital Business Unit
- General transfer pricing research including analysis of recent cases, legislation, and government announcements, especially in relation to investment banking activities
- Liaising with the central tax Transfer Pricing team, including identification of matters requiring escalation
- Oversight of month, quarter, and year-end Transfer Pricing processes, which include the execution, booking and review of Transfer Pricing models
- Preparation of transfer pricing documentation in line with relevant legislative and regulatory requirements
- Active participation in various governance and decision-making forums covering business unit's and central Transfer Pricing teams
Finally, you'll bring your experience in a similar transfer pricing advisory role gained in either a chartered accounting firm, law firm or Tax division of a large corporate. You will have the ability to develop and maintain strong internal client relationships with business unit executives and external relationships with advisors coupled with strong communication and influencing skills. You will have a proven ability to apply a commercial lens, with a focus on the bigger picture. In addition, experience in a highly numerate and analytical environment with in-depth knowledge of transfer pricing.
You will also be asked to think strategically to:
- identify opportunities for automation
- identify process improvement opportunities
- realise and create efficiencies on a regular basis
If you have a collaborative approach, are curious with the ability to learn and adapt quickly whilst adhering to change, then apply today. About the Financial Management Group
In our Financial Management Group you will be part of a team that provides strategic analysis and advice on capital, funding, liquidity, tax and financial performance to support the growth of Macquarie's businesses around the world. You will join a team that ensures Macquarie continues to meet its financial, regulatory and tax reporting compliance obligations in the jurisdictions in which we operate, and a team that maintains significant relationships on behalf of the Group. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths. An inclusive and equitable workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of 'empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future', we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
As an inclusive employer, Macquarie does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
Joining Macquarie means you'll be able to work in a way that suits you best. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.