A global partner to the energy sector are looking for an ambitious Treasury Analyst ready to take the next step up to a Senior, in a dynamic and growing centralised treasury team. This role will involve all aspects of treasury management, including back office, cashflow forecasting and liquidity management, compliance, working capital and currency exposures, and offer some great exposure to an ambitious analyst wanting to level up their experience.
I am currently working with a global partner to the energy sector, who are looking for an ambitious Treasury Analyst ready to take the next step up to a Senior, in a dynamic and growing centralised team.
Working within a team of six and reporting directly into the group Treasury Manager, this role will give you the opportunity to gain experience in all aspects of the treasury function, including back office, cashflow forecasting and liquidity management, compliance, working capital and currency exposures.
The business operate a hybrid working model where they require three days a week in their South London based offices.
- Back Office
- Daily reconciliation of treasury bank statements
- Management of the treasury settlements process
- Run daily treasury operating reports
- Ensure all items on the daily checklist are completed in a timely manner
- Cash and liquidity
- Ensure sufficient liquidity available to fund business units, cash pools and invest surplus cash effectively
- Recommend FX hedges required to ensure the currency exposures identified are within Group policy.
- Key point of contact for the banks, finance and IT teams team ensuring effective management of all cash management activities including the resolution on all operational banking matters, resolving any issues for Treasury and the Group
- Plan, execute and coordinate the bank account opening/closing process for the Group
- Develop and manage the short term cash flow forecast process
- Identify and promote opportunities to enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of cash and banking and drive the necessary change process
- Mandates and systems controls
- Management of the bank account and dealer mandates globally.
- Maintain and update counterparty standard settlement instructions, including the communication with counterparty settlement teams
- Initiate system static data changes for Group stakeholders
- Manage the global banking platform and its use by members of the Group
- Currency exposures:
- Collation and consolidate cash flow submissions received from the finance functions and operating groups/regions
- Liaise with relevant finance and operational teams on the timing and quality of submissions inc. querying movements, incomplete or inconsistent data
- Analyse, compile and present completed data to the Treasury Manager
- Compliance and controls
- Arranging compliance certificates, asset valuations etc. required by the company bankers
- Management and reporting of overall risk limits and exposures
- Oversight of confirmation and settlement processes having regard to appropriate segregation of duties.
- Validation of fees and charges associated with facilities, loans and the issuance of guarantees, ensuring amounts are agreed captured and paid in a timely manner.
- Working capital account maintenance
- Running the monthly working capital interest charge
- Liaise with the relevant finance staff to coordinate working capital transactions
- Participate in various Treasury and Group projects/tasks as and when required
- Mentor the junior analyst and delegate work accordingly
To be a good fit for this role, you have:
- 2-3 years of proven experience in a Treasury Analyst role
- Knowledge of fundamental concepts of treasury management within a global business
- Experience in cashflow forecasting
- Exposure to TMS/ERP systems
- Experience in cash management and dealing with banks
- Ambition to grow in the role, and begin to take on management responsibility
If this sounds like it could be a good fit for you, please apply via this advert, or to be fast tracked, email your CV with a brief covering note to firstname.lastname@example.org and I'll be in touch.
In our company values we aim for equity at all stages of the recruitment process, please let us know if we can do anything to make the process more accessible to you.