My Client, a top tier fund who trade a wide range of products from vanilla to the highly complex are seeking a senior fund controller due to significant growth of both the AUM and range of funds. The role will entail taking ownership of the NAV reporting across the funds. The launch of the multi-strategy fund (which operates pass-through model) has increased the complexity of reporting significantly, this hire will be key in building out scalable processes to help the business continue to grow.
The role will be involved in detailed daily and monthly performance reporting, working with the broader finance team (product control, Management Company accounting & CFO). As well as other second line functions and external fund administrators to deliver timely and accurate financials as well as improving controls and efficiencies that add tangible value to the broader firm and its investors.
Fund Accounting and Control:
- Production, review and distribution of performance and NAV reporting, working closely with the finance team, external fund administrators, business management, and investor relations to validate the performance and NAV (at a share class level);
- Management of fund expenses: maintaining budgets / accrual schedules, modelling future expenses, managing invoicing and related cash-flows. Involves working closely with others in the business to ensure consistency with management company accounting & budget owners;
- Driving forward the project to automate modelling of expenses and fund performance, working with technology and other stakeholders;
- Understanding the financial products and strategies managed in the fund(s);
- Assisting in the setup of new funds, administrators, auditors, systems and financial reporting structures;
- Ensuring accurate and timely financial reporting is provided to internal and external recipients including year-end audited financial statements;
- Liaising with external fund administrators, due diligence consultants and auditors as and when required;
- Responding to scenario, forecasting, adhoc requests and participating in projects as well as process and control improvement initiatives.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Degree educated, preferably in a numerate subject with a good classification from a leading academic institution;
- Preferably a qualified accountant, otherwise with a relevant qualification (e.g. CFA);
- PQE or equivalent financial services experience in a fund accounting role at a top tier investment manager working with Fund/P&L reporting systems;
- Strong, demonstrable fund accounting knowledge, preferably with experience of both 2 & 20 compensation and pass-through expense structures;
- Results focused and good problem solver with a high attention to detail and accuracy;
- Self-confident with ability to hold the line and make effective decisions under pressure;
- Entrepreneurial with a high level of self-motivation and the ability to work autonomously as well as an effective team member;
- Strong planning and prioritization skills with the ability to work on multiple tasks and with multiple stakeholders;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Proficient in MS Office, specifically a strong command of Excel. Ideally some experience driving forward tech implementation projects.
The fund is based in Mayfair and they are in the office 5 days a week but have flexibility when required. Compensation will be very competitive and they have a strong bonus culture.