We’re the Care Quality Commission (CQC) and we work to improve health and adult social care in England.
Through the dedication of our expert team, we monitor health and social care services to provide England with a safe and compassionate care system, recognising when services perform well as well as encouraging improvements and taking action over poorer care, where necessary.
One of our main commitments is to become a truly inclusive organisation and to role model a diverse and representative culture. To do so, we work with a variety of networks, including the Disability Equality Network, Race Equality Network and LGBT+ Equality Network.
Our Finance, Commercial, Workplace and Performance (FCWP) Team provides a high-quality financial service across our organisation. Together with your expertise, we can work towards building a safer, stronger health and social care service across the country.
We are now looking for a Strategic Finance Business Partner to join us on a permanent, full-time basis.
- 27 days’ annual leave, rising with service to 32.5 days, plus 8 Bank Holidays
- NHS pension scheme, with around a 14% employer contribution
- Free employee assistance service 24 hours a day
- Discounts to supermarkets, high street stores, electronics and fleet cars
- Discounted gym vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Internal reward scheme where you could win a voucher or two!
- Flexibility of homeworking
- Equipment for homeworking
- Sponsorship to gain qualifications
- Payment of subscription fees
- Salary sacrifice scheme
Why this could be a great role for you
This is an exceptional opportunity for a qualified accountant with a background in engaging with senior stakeholders and an excellent leadership style to join our essential organisation.
Not only will you have the chance to take the lead and enable us to continue our vital work, but you’ll be supported to thrive in your role with an amazing array of wellbeing and lifestyle benefits as well as plenty of internal reward schemes and flexible working policies.
So, if you want to step into a leading role where you can use your expertise to ensure the best outcomes for England’s health and social care services, then apply today!
What you will bring…
To be considered as a Strategic Finance Business Partner, you will need:
- Experience of leading or providing financial support to change programmes and business improvement initiatives
- To be a qualified accountant
- Experience of business partnering with senior stakeholders
- Excellent communication, influencing and negotiating skills
- The ability to explain technical concepts simply and clearly to non-technical audiences
What you’ll be doing
As a Strategic Finance Business Partner, you will provide robust financial advice and guidance to ensure strong financial management across CQC.
Building strong relationships with key stakeholders, you will translate complex financial data into clear and simple language, enabling colleagues to understand the impact of various courses of action.
Alongside the Finance Senior Leadership Team, you will drive our financial strategy and vision, ensuring that risks are identified and mitigated and a consistent approach to investment management is maintained.
Additionally, you will:
- Ensure the delivery of a high-quality, customer focussed service
- Lead the budgeting process for each directorate
- Inform financial forecasts provided by Management Accountants
- Support our 5-year financial modelling plan
- Monitor changes in laws, regulations and technology that may affect CQC delivery
- Ensure financial governance and regulations are adhered to with clear audit trails
- Support staff development through coaching and mentoring
If you require any support or assistance with the recruitment process, please get in touch with our team or include a note in your application.
We know diverse teams allow for a more creative and productive environment and therefore encourage applications from everyone regardless of age, gender/sex, gender identity or expression, religion or belief, disability, ethnicity or sexual orientation.
So, if you’d like to join us as a Strategic Finance Business Partner, please apply via the button shown.
Other organisations may call this role Head of Finance, Finance Analyst, Financial Planning Manager, Finance Transformation Manager, Portfolio Manager, Manager of Finance, Business Architect, Finance & Accounts Manager, Associate Finance Business Partner, Finance Planning Manager, Senior Finance Manager, Accountancy Manager. Accounting Manager, Financial Business Partner, or Financial Director.
We’re particularly interested in hearing from Business Partnering professionals. We are also interested in hearing from Business Partnering professionals with a background in Finance, Financials, Accounting, Accounts, or Accountancy.