UI React Full Stack Lead Engineer - Front Office Control Engineering
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action.
At Goldman Sachs, our culture is one of teamwork, innovation and meritocracy. We often say our people are our greatest asset and we take pride in supporting each colleague both professionally and personally. From collaborative work spaces and mindfulness classes to working from home and flexible work options, we offer our people the support they need to reach their goals in and outside the office.
Goldman Sachs has launched an initiative to address regulatory and operation risk in the front office by building superior technology and delivering high quality products. This vision is a multi-year investment in people, platforms and products. Join the team, and participate in the development and launch of best in class products for managing operational and regulatory risks. We are looking for eager, nimble and ambitious engineers to join our growing team of visionaries, and drive Goldman Sachs Engineering to achieve and exceed our goals. Your Impact
This team is accountable for platform architecture evolution to meet the evolving needs of different business lines globally with rapid software deployment. As stewards of critical components in order execution and post-trade, the team is accountable for a high degree of software quality. The team consists of self-guided pragmatic individuals who are motivated to change the status quo in calculated ways.
As a member of the team, you will play an integral role on the trading floor. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for technology and the markets, with individuals who thrive in a fast-paced changing environment. The team takes a data driven approach to decision making and you should be willing to participate in the full product lifecycle from requirements gathering, design, implementation, testing, support, and monitoring trading risks for systems and strategies used by our clients . RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS Responsibilities
- We are seeking a full stack engineer with proven industry experience
- The ideal candidate is a self-motivated contributor, positive team player and willing to get things done. Strong computer science fundamentals are key to success in this role.
- They should be comfortable working with Agile processes, with an emphasis on writing good quality, easily testable code. They should also be able to contribute estimates to the planning process and takes ownership of and accountability for projects.
- The candidate should demonstrate leadership qualities and should be able to lead others towards his/her technical vision to deliver digital solutions for managing trading controls of high touch booking and e-trading platforms
- Knowledge of market rules, regulations and exchange service offerings is not essential but experience in any of these areas may provide a candidate with some advantage
- The candidate will get to work with modern technologies, such as RESTful web services, HTML5/React.JS/AngularJS/Angular on Typescript, and will utilize them to build cutting-edge software that utilise data to guide decision-making, developing or enhancing tools as necessary to collect data.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in computer science, engineering or related experience
- Full Stack Developer with 8+ years of experience in developing web applications using HTML5/React.JS/AngularJS/Angular or Typescript
- Good knowledge of core Java and middle tier systems
- Familiarity with testing frameworks (Karma, Jasmine, PhantomJS, Selenium, Cucumber) and concepts of Test Driven Development, Regression and Parametric Testing
- Strong object oriented design skills and experience
- Linux systems programming experience including memory management, concurrent programming infrastructure, and the networking stack
- Web development frameworks with NodeJS, Gulp
- Distributed server software experience
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Hardware stack and hardware architecture from a latency perspective
- Real time streaming using Websockets, and Restful services
- JVM internals, tuning for low-latency
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity