Audit Manager within the Credit and Operational Risk team, with a particular focus on Model Risk.
Join our community.
As an Audit Manager within the Credit and Operational Risk team, with a particular focus on Model Risk, you'll have the challenge of leading sections of audits covering the end-to-end model lifecycle, including the conceptual soundness of Models, their documentation, their implementation, the level of compliance with regulatory requirements and their independent validation. A key priority will be managing relationships and influencing key stakeholders across the business and collaborating with other teams as required.
You'll need a proactive approach in taking responsibility for additional activities related to the management of the Internal Audit department, including on-going business monitoring and production of required management information (MI) for Senior Management. The difference you'll make.
What you'll bring.
- Understanding in-depth the concepts of model risk and associated controls, as well as relevant regulatory requirements
- Providing advice on effective implementation of best practice across the business
- Managing assigned responsibilities to time and to budget, ensuring resources are utilised effectively and evaluating the success of outcomes against the original plan
- Demonstrating highly developed capability to analyse and interpret data to contribute to assurance activities
- Communicating process improvements effectively and getting buy in from appropriate stakeholders
It would also be nice for you to have.
- Proven track record of working on audits, projects or processes relating to Model Risk
- Ability to manage and influence stakeholders
What else you need to know.
- Professional audit related qualification (CMIIA/ACA/ACCA/equivalent)
- Proven assurance/ monitoring/audit skills, including assessment of risk and controls
- Excellent writing and communication skills
This is a permanent position offering a flexible working model. How we'll reward you.
- As well as a salary, we offer a wide range of benefits that you can choose from and tailor to your needs.
- Eligible for a discretionary performance-related annual bonus
- Pension with generous contributions of up to 12.5% from Santander, depending on your own contribution and length of employment with us
- 30 days' holiday plus bank holidays, which increases to 31 days after 5yrs service, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
- £6,000 car allowance per year
- Company funded individual private medical insurance
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as private medical insurance for your family, dental insurance, healthcare cash plan and health assessments
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as death-in-service benefit, income protection, and voluntary life assurance and critical illness cover
- Share in Santander's success by investing in our share plans
We are committed to making sure all our colleagues feel they belong and are supported to succeed. Our customers come from a wide range of backgrounds, and so do our people, so we welcome applications from across society.
You can find out more about how we're embedding an inclusive culture that encourages our people to bring their full and authentic selves to work on our Inclusion and Belonging page. A bit more about Santander
At Santander we're driven by our purpose - to help people and businesses prosper. This means we help customers to create change for themselves and those around them, and we champion businesses to grow sustainably. We do this by always living our values of Simple, Personal and Fair.
At Santander, we each take personal responsibility for managing risk by embracing the I AM Risk framework - to Identify, Assess, Manage and Report risks, and to continuously build a deeper understanding of the risks we face. It is an important part of our culture at Santander and we will provide you with knowledge to help you manage risks in your role. What to do next:-
If this sounds like a role you're interested in, then please apply. If there's anything we can do in the recruitment process to help you achieve your best, get in touch. Whether it's a copy of our application form in another format or additional assistance, we're available through telephone, email, or face to face. You can contact us at email@example.com or call 0870 414 9080.
Why not join our talent community where we'll keep you updated with all the latest news and job information? Simply register your details on our careers site, 'Join our Talent Community'