Location: Potters Bar, Lombard Street, Bristol or Isle of Man (with hybrid working options)
Canada Life UK looks after the retirement, investment and protection needs of individuals, families and companies. We help to build better futures for our customers, our intermediaries and our employees by operating as a modern, agile and welcoming organisation.
At Canada Life, we share one common purpose - to help build better futures for our customers and each other. That's why we invest in the development of our people, technology and workplaces.
We have over 1,550 colleagues working together across 5 locations - including those working virtually. Potters Bar, our largest site, has over 600 colleagues. We also have teams based in Bristol, Isle of Man and Central London. Job Purpose
The role is within the Investment Operations area of the Investment Financial Services Department, which provides professional Investment Services to multiple clients with Assets under management of approx. £35bn.
Reporting into the Regulatory Reconciliations Supervisor, the role will not have any direct reports but is responsible for performing reconciliations in accordance with a controls and regulatory focused environment. These reconciliations relate to cash and custody accounts holding firm and customer assets (some CASS knowledge or exposure would be advantageous). Given the regulatory and controls focus within the team, strong attention to detail, and communication skills for liaising with a range of stakeholders are critical for success in the role.
Working within a newly formed team, the role will suit candidates that enjoy adaptability, flexibility and professionalism and the ability to work collaboratively to deliver change. Key Accountabilities
- Undertaking daily, weekly and monthly bank and control account reconciliations
- Ensuring reconciliation outputs are recorded in-line with regulatory and oversight requirements
- Process management of exceptions arising from reconciliations, this is typically, the result of processing failures that requiring investigation.
- Assisting in the delivery of change projects within the team and the wider department
- Take responsibility for own development and actively seek to build a full working knowledge of all end to end processes of the Composer platform and other policy systems.
- Responsible for recommending changes to procedures, process and technology and participating in their implementation to improve the customer experience, reduce risk and maximise efficiency.
Success in the job will be evidenced by contributions to day-to-day operational performance and KPI's (e.g. Accurate and timely provision of Asset Servicing data to Investment systems and SII data repository, minimal business errors / Losses etc.) as well as contributions to Continuous Process Improvement. Desired Knowledge / Experience / Skills
- Experience of working with a reconciliation system e.g. SAP, CLOAS, Galahad, Multifonds, Horizon, Composer (GBST0 & Blackline, would be an advantage).
- Experience of managing and controlling complex processes to meet deadlines, in a sometimes high pressure environment.
- Experience of contributing to and working on change projects, whilst concurrently delivering excellent business as usual services.
- Proactive and logical approach to continuous improvement initiatives, problem solving & managing issues.
- Capable of dealing with and influencing internal and external stakeholders at all levels with confidence
- Experience of testing process and system changes, desirable.
- Good knowledge of the Financial Services industry including pension products, would be an advantage.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail is a must.
- Broad working knowledge of banking operations desirable.
- An understanding of basic accounting principles with strong numeric and system skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively and adjust to fluctuating work volumes.
5 GCSE's A-C including Maths and English (or equivalent). Ideal Qualifications:
CISI (IOC) qualifications desirable or desire to work towards attaining, or equivalent e.g. IMC Part qualified to CIMA certificate or ACCA Fundamentals level desirable. Benefits of working at Canada Life
We believe in recognising and rewarding our people, so we offer a competitive salary and benefits package that's regularly reviewed. As a Canada Life UK colleague, you'll receive a competitive salary and comprehensive reward package including a generous pension and bonus scheme, along with, income protection, private medical insurance and life assurance. We have a fantastic number of other benefits and support services as well as regular personal and professional development. How we work at Canada Life
Our culture is unique and incredibly important to us. We care about doing the right thing for our people, customers and community and helping others to build better futures. Our blueprint behaviours shape and influence how we work, and are central to the relationships we have with others. Every day we are encouraged to be more curious, own the outcome, face into things together and find a way forward.
We want colleagues to have rewarding careers with us so we invest in the development of our people, technology and workplaces. That's why we offer a range of training, flexible working and opportunities to grow and develop. Diversity and inclusion
Building an inclusive workplace with a diverse workforce where everyone can feel they belong and achieve their potential regardless of gender, ethnicity or any other characteristic is a key commitment for us. We are proud of the progress we're making in DEI, and we continue for it to be a significant focus.
"At Canada Life we believe in the power of great people from different backgrounds, experiences and perspectives coming together to build better futures. Emerging talent is crucial to our growth and creating an environment that continues to inspire us all." Nick Harding, Chief People Officer, Canada Life UK
We appreciate that everyone has different work and life responsibilities. We're happy to discuss flexible working arrangements, including part time, for any of our roles should this be a requirement for.