Senior Accountant - Denver, Colorado
Are you ready to work with an international organization c ommitted to making financial services accessi ble to people everywhere ? Do your talents lie in simplifying and improving accounting processes? Are you interested in joining a globally diverse organization where our unique contributions are recognized and ce lebrated, allowing each of us to thrive? Then it's time to j oin Western Union as a Senior Accountant! Role Responsibilities
- Ensures timely completion of accounting close process responsibilities.
- Analyzes complex financial transactions and reports, determining accounting reserves, capitalizing of assets, and expense recognition, among other judgments.
- Reviews, verifies, and certifies the accuracy of journal entries and accounting records.
- Prepares reconciliations, roll forwards, and clears reconciling items timely.
- Identifies opportunities to realize efficiencies and implements process improvements.
- Prepares income statement, balance sheets, and other financial statements,
- Provides financial reporting and analysis to management and business partners.
- Participates in and implements accounting projects, including for new systems, products, or accounting standard changes.
- May function as an accounting liaison and/or provide work direction to less experienced accounting staff.
- Assist with both internal and external financial as well as control audits.
We make financial services accessible to humans everywhere. Join us for what's next.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance.
- US GAAP/IFRS knowledge is required.
- 4-6 years financial accounting experience.
- International experience needed
- Oracle, Excel, and other financial tool knowledge is preferred.
Western Union is positioned to become the world's most accessible financial services company - transforming lives and communities. We're a diverse and passionate customer - centric team of over 8,000 employees serving 200 countries and territories, reaching customers and receivers around the globe. More than moving money, we design easy - to - use products and services for our digital and p hysical financial ecosystem that help our customers move forward.
Just as we help our global customers prosper, we support our employees in achieving their professional aspirations. You'll have plenty of opportunities to learn new skills and build a caree r, as well as receive a great compensation package. If you're ready to help drive the future of financial services, it's time for Western Union. Learn more about our purpose and people at https://careers.westernunion.com/ . Salary
The on - target earnings r ange is $61,560-86,400 per year, which includes a base salary and short - term incentives that align with individual and company performance. Actual salaries will vary based on candidates' qualifications, skills, and competencies. Benefits
You will also have access to short - term incentives, multiple health insurance options, accident and life insurance, and access to best - in - class development platforms, to name a few ( https://careers.westernunion.com/global-benefits/ ). Please see the location - specific benefits below and note that your R ecruiter may share additional role - specific benefits during your intervi ew process or in an offer of employment.
Your United States-specific benefits include:
- Medical, Dental and Life Insurance
- Flexible Time Off
- Family First Program
- Parental Leave
We are passionate about diversity. Our commitment is to provide an inclusive culture that celebrates the unique backgrounds and perspectives of our global teams while reflecting the communities we serve. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, religion, political affiliation, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, or veteran status. The company will provide accommodation to applicants, including those with disabilities, during the recruitment process, following applicable laws.