At MFS, you will find a culture that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and demonstrate care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures.
What you will be responsible for: Using discretion and judgement, the Senior Business Systems Analyst (Derivative Specialist) helps design, test, and deploy technology solutions that address the business needs of the Investments department focusing on derivatives (Credit Default Swaps (index and single name), Interest Rate Swaps, Total Return Swaps, Swaptions, Futures, Options on Futures, etc.). This entails knowledge of the front, middle and back office applications that support the investment process at MFS.
They meet with project stakeholders and business partners at all levels of the organization to engage, gather business requirements and determine the application technology strategy. They develop and maintain specifications that clearly outline the key requirements. Additionally, they collaborate with the Enterprise Architecture (EA), Data Governance, external vendors and internal IT resources. They follow the MFS system-development life cycle while working to release projects and maintenance items for the benefit of our clients and internal business partners.
- Serves as primary point of contact for business users and other technology teams to provide support for business processes and enhancements to functions related to derivative processing.
- Performs analysis of business activities to determine business requirements primarily related to derivatives. Works with fixed income portfolio managers, traders, strategists and investment operations business users to understand and define the full trade life cycle. Converts business requirements into stories and functional specifications.
- Acts as a liaison between business stakeholders and the technology organization to ensure proper implementation of requirements within the expected timetable. Communicates any material modifications of business requirements to business stakeholders.
- Formulates and defines systems scope and objectives based on both user needs and an understanding of applicable business systems and industry requirements.
- Ensures proper data processing through the implementation of data checks and reports to facilitate error free business processes.
- Works closely with project team members, business users, QA, developers, and other technology professionals in an Agile environment to ensure that project deliverables are completed on time and within budget.
- Collaborates with the QA team in developing high level test plans. Reviews test cases developed by the QA team. Works with automated testing team when needed for performance/load testing as well as automated regression testing.
- Works to ensure a positive experience for business stakeholders by overseeing the implementation of new software. Creates and maintains proper training materials, business documentation and trains users as needed.
- Follows the MFS Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC), ensuring that all steps of the process are followed prior to releasing any code.
- Provides application and production support as needed to the departments and systems that they support.
- Mentors and coaches less experienced Business Systems Analysts.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in a business or technology related field.
- Minimum of seven years' experience in the financial services industry, ideally supporting buy-side technology.
- Minimum 3 years of fixed income derivative experience required - Credit Default Swaps (index and single name), Interest Rate Swaps, Total Return Swaps, Swaptions, Futures, Options on Futures, etc.
- Strong technical skills including an understanding of SQL, messaging protocols, underlying relevant technical architecture and business processes. Background in the entire trade lifecycle and derivative processing required.
- Proven ability to efficiently utilize resources and communicate with others, both verbally and in writing.
- Previous experience working with Derivative management systems such as Calypso or Murex.
- Proven analytical skills and demonstrated ability to make independent decisions.
- A firm understanding of systems development lifecycle and Agile framework.
- Ability to consider the business implications of the application of technology to the current and future state business environment.
- Proven ability to develop creative solutions to meet business needs.
What we offer:
- Generous time-off provided: including "Responsible time off" for many roles, paid company holidays when the US Stock Exchange is closed, plus paid volunteer time
- Family Focus: Up to 20 weeks of paid leave for new parents, back-up care program, dependent care flexible spending account, adoption assistance, generous caregiver leave
- Health and Welfare: Competitive medical, vision and dental plans, plus tax-free health savings accounts with company contributions
- Wellness Programs: Robust wellness webinars, employee assistance program, gym reimbursement through our medical plans, fitness center discounts and more
- Life & Disability Benefits: Company-paid basic life insurance and short-term disability
- Financial Benefits: 401(k) savings plan, Defined Contribution plan- 15% of base salary invested into the Plan, competitive total compensation programs
MFS is a hybrid work environment (remote/onsite) unless otherwise stated in the job posting .
This position will require individuals to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as part of their job responsibilities, unless MFS approves an exemption as an accommodation due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief. Submission of an exemption request does not guarantee that an exemption will be approved or that the request can be accommodated.
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. Please see the EEO is the Law document and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision , linked for your reference.