Work with a growing team to develop ongoing accounting processes for varied products, while following GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles) and other governing agencies. Responsibilities
- Reconcile, review, analyze, and resolve balance sheet accounts and exceptions related to Advice Wealth Management (AWM) activity (deposit and lending activity related to bank and brokerage).
- Manage and revise complex spreadsheets and update and provide financial reporting. Follow specific and detailed accounting procedures, adhering to tight deadlines.
- Provide functional advice and training to peers, leaders and business partners.
- Participate as a subject matter expert on business projects which may include: gathering requirements, developing accounting processes and participate in user acceptance (UAT) testing.
- Execute daily cash settlements meeting ETA/deadlines.
- Calculate and prepare journal entries in accordance with manual journal entry policy.
- Improve processes to ensure that integrity, control and optimal efficiency are established while maintaining, minimizing financial risk.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 3+ years GL accounting experience
- Ability to apply root cause analysis on medium to complex issues
- Timely research and resolution of balance sheet variances
- Fluent in use of Microsoft Office programs - specifically Excel
- Solid understanding of accounting processing, systems, controls, financials, and reporting
About Our Company
- Experience with the Workday general ledger system
- Accounting experience with deposit or lending products related to bank or brokerage
At Ameriprise Financial, we're not just in the business of helping clients with their financial goals - we also help our advisors and employees reach their true potential by embracing an inclusive and collaborative culture. We celebrate the unique qualities and reward the contributions of our talented, passionate employees. If you're motivated and want to work for a strong, ethical company that cares about you and your community, take the next step with Ameriprise Financial.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.