Individual contributor that performs more complicated accounting processes including multi-currency Investment management calculations, invoicing, money movement and reconciliations. In addition, this individual will perform other corporate accounting processes.
Responsible for ensuring that the various Ledgers and Records of Ameriprise Financial and its subsidiaries are properly accounted for and controlled. Responsibilities
- Perform calculations for investment management fees in accordance with contracts.
- Prepares journal entries; review, analyze and resolve moderately complex issues in accounting transactions
- Manage the accrual, invoicing and cash application of investment management fees
- Perform reconciliations on balance sheet accounts, subledgers and research and clear variances.
- Improve processes to ensure integrity, control and optimal efficiency are establish while minimizing financial risks.
- Participate in various process improvement initiatives and other projects that support the department goals.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- 3+ years of accounting experience
- General ledger and Excel spreadsheet experience
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills
About Our Company
- Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Solid understanding of financial instruments
- Strong technical skills including Excel and accounts receivable systems.
- Strong understanding of the end-to-end process flows, systems, controls. and impacts across products and business lines they support.
- Experience with Workday general ledger accounting system
- Ability to communicate effectively on recommendations and analysis results
At Ameriprise Financial, we're not just in the business of helping clients with their financial goals - we also help our advisors and employees reach their true potential by embracing an inclusive and collaborative culture. We celebrate the unique qualities and reward the contributions of our talented, passionate employees. If you're motivated and want to work for a strong, ethical company that cares about you and your community, take the next step with Ameriprise Financial.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.