This is an opportunity for a multifaceted, high performing individual to grow and develop. The purpose of this position is to provide strategic leadership on vendor management best practices, manage risk and ensure contract adherence. The Vendor Manager will be accountable for Ameriprise Bank vendors. This person will collaborate with Enterprise Procurement, Information Security and vendors to support the line of business interests. The successful candidate will have the ability to lead and influence, a background in Vendor Management, and strong problem-solving skills. Responsibilities
- Oversight and enforcement of vendor contracts and Service Level Agreements.
- Manage vendor performance, including issue resolution.
- Conduct Vendor reviews and governance to drive accountabilities and manage expectations.
- Represent Service and Operations on all new contracts and amendments in partnership with the business and Procurement.
- Represent the business during Vendor Risk Assessments with our enterprise security partner, obtain appropriate audit documentation from the vendors to close open security audits.
- Maintain day-to-day and ongoing vendor oversight details.
- Risk mitigation by self-identifying risks, tracking and promptly closing findings or issues.
- Identify, collect and analyze vendor information to make informed recommendations and decisions.
- Assess scope and potential impact of a vendor risk or opportunity in order to evaluate multiple courses of action.
- Provide strategic level leadership regarding vendor management best practices.
- Coordinate and participate in the Request for Information/Request for Proposal process and contract negotiations, when requested.
- Use Lean tools for continuous improvement.
- Education: Bachelors degree or equivalent (4-years).
- Experience: 5-7 years of strong vendor management or related experience.
- Post-secondary education and relevant work experience may be interchanged to meet the combined total years of minimum required qualifications for education and experience.
- A proven record of driving business results.
- Strong ability to lead, partner and influence across all leadership levels.
- Proven ability to create meaningful data analysis and metrics to support business needs.
- Problem-solving skills related to complex vendor matters.
- Knowledge of vendor contracts and commercial / legal terms and conditions.
- Demonstrated professional oral and written communication skills.
- Proven abilities to effectively manage multiple work assignments.
- Strong analytical, organization and time management skills.
About Our Company
- CRVPM Training
- Strong communication and influencing skills across varying leadership levels.
- Banking experience
At Ameriprise Financial, we're not just in the business of helping clients with their financial goals - we also help our advisors and employees reach their true potential by embracing an inclusive and collaborative culture. We celebrate the unique qualities and reward the contributions of our talented, passionate employees. If you're motivated and want to work for a strong, ethical company that cares about you and your community, take the next step with Ameriprise Financial.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.