Great opportunity to join a top tier firm that is actively looking to hire for their US Equities Algo Trading Quant desk.
Equities Algo Trading Quant - VP/Director level
This team is responsible for the research, design, implementation and maintenance of Equities Execution Algorithms and related Trading Products offered to the firms' institutional clients and internal trading desks. The team collaborates with global teams and works with specific focus on North America and LATAM markets.
As an opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment and as a member of a quant group that is responsible for research and development of cutting-edge algorithmic trading strategies, this position offers the opportunity to combine strong quantitative, technical, and soft skills to foster innovation in a collaborative team culture. It is an opportunity to be involved in challenging new initiatives, learn the latest developments in the Electronic Trading domain and be part of their growing Equity Trading franchise.
- Improve Algorithmic Trading Algorithms by being able to perform both research and some implementation work with the objective of providing best in class execution performance.
- Research and analyze ideas for enhancing existing and developing new algorithms (such as VWAP, liquidity seeking), models (such as optimal schedule, market impact model) and short term predictive signals (such as fair value).
- Perform analysis of large data sets comprising of market data, orders, executions and derived analytics.
- Conduct flow analysis & tuning performance for various clients flows
- Provide data and analysis supporting initial model validation and ongoing performance analysis
- Implement algorithm enhancements and customizations with production quality code.
- Apply best practices towards development and testing modular, reusable, robust trading components and strategy code.
- Work in close partnership with Sales team, Product, Technology teams, Risk & Control team, Legal, Compliance & Audit in order to ensure appropriate governance and compliance with industry regulations.
- Good understanding of US Equity Algorithmic Trading and Market Microstructure. Knowledge of ETF trading is a plus.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in trading environment of which minimum 3 years should be in research of agency execution algorithms, smart order routing strategy, liquidity seeking strategies, market making strategies or high frequency trading strategies.
- Experience applying statistical modelling and machine learning towards analysis of large data sets.
- Experience with Predictive signal, Market Impact and Optimal Trading schedule models are desirable.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills and experience using with statistical programming languages such as Python or R.
- Strong programming and software design skills in Java is a plus.
- Experience with Q/KDB or time series databases is desirable.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and projects in a fast-paced work environment.
- Masters or PhD in Finance, Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science, or related field.