Asset & Wealth Management
A career with Goldman Sachs Asset & Wealth Management is an opportunity to help clients across the globe realize their potential, while you discover your own. As part of one of the world's leading asset managers with over $2 trillion in assets under supervision, you can expect to participate in exciting investment opportunities while collaborating with talented colleagues from all asset classes and regions, and building meaningful relationships with your clients. Working in a culture that values integrity and transparency, you will be part of a diverse team that is passionate about our craft, our clients, and building sustainable success. Bringing together traditional and alternative investments, Goldman Sachs Asset & Wealth Management provides clients around the world with a dedicated partnership and focus on long-term performance. As primary investment area within Goldman Sachs, we provide investment and advisory services for pension plans, sovereign wealth funds, insurance companies, endowments, foundations, financial advisors and individuals.
Multi Asset Solutions (MAS) is a multi-asset class investing group that sits within the Asset Management Division at Goldman Sachs. It designs and develops comprehensive investment management solutions customized to meet client objectives and constraints. These solutions utilize proprietary research and multi-asset analytics. With investment professionals across the globe, MAS invests or advises on assets for some of the world's leading corporations, sovereign wealth funds, pension plans, governments, financial institutions, endowments, foundations, and family offices. Responsibilities:
The successful candidate would become a member of the Lead Portfolio Management (LPM) Team within Multi-Asset Solutions (MAS) predominantly working with North American corporate pension and insurance clients. The candidate would be responsible for supporting the design, management, and communication of multi-asset class whole-of-wallet portfolios.
The role is highly analytical, focusing on developing and implementing bespoke strategic asset allocations, and also requires supporting the review and communication of results to clients.
Core responsibilities include:
Other required skills/experience
- Strategic asset allocation analysis
- Portfolio construction optimization
- Custom liability-hedging portfolio and asset-liability matching analysis
- Investment manager / vehicle review in coordination with dedicated manager research team
- Ad hoc client investment requests
- Support content development involving client and prospect presentation books, Investment Committee reviews, requests for proposals, and other investment-related analyses
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Mathematics, Economics, Finance, or related quantitative field
- 1+ year of relevant (investment, insurance, or pension) experience
- Experience multi-tasking across internal and external projects in a fast-paced environment
- Detail-oriented and meticulous, with strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Intelligent, creative, with good problem-solving abilities
- Understanding of portfolio investment metrics and characteristics
- A self-starter able to work independently and thrive in a team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Expert in Excel and PowerPoint, including creating bespoke data analysis and presentations
- Experience presenting to internal and external stakeholders a plus
- Experience with multi-asset portfolio construction a plus
- Experience constructing liability-hedging portfolios a plus
The expected base salary for this New York, New York, United States-based position is $90000-$125000. In addition, you may be eligible for a discretionary bonus if you are an active employee as of fiscal year-end. Benefits
Goldman Sachs is committed to providing our people with valuable and competitive benefits and wellness offerings, as it is a core part of providing a strong overall employee experience. A summary of these offerings, which are generally available to active, non-temporary, full-time and part-time US employees who work at least 20 hours per week, can be found here .