PIMCO is a global leader in active fixed income. With our launch in 1971 in Newport Beach, California, PIMCO introduced investors to a total return approach to fixed income investing. In the 50+ years since, we have worked relentlessly to help millions of investors pursue their objectives - regardless of shifting marketing conditions. As active investors, our goal is not just to find opportunities, but to create them. To this end, we remain firmly committed to the pursuit of our mission: delivering superior investment returns, solutions, and service to our clients.
Since 1971, our people have shaped our organization through a high-performance inclusive culture, in which we celebrate diverse thinking. We invest in our people and strive to imprint our CORE values of Collaboration, Openness, Responsibility and Excellence. We believe each of us is here to help others succeed and this has led to PIMCO being recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
The PIMCO Funds Business Group is responsible for operating public and private fund complexes globally with over $600 billion in AUM across 350+ unique portfolios. The PIMCO Funds Treasurer's Office supports the PIMCO Fund Business group responsible for operating and overseeing PIMCO's global public and private fund complexes and separate accounts. In this role, you will have the opportunity to learn from and contribute to PIMCO's management and oversight of these Funds.
You will primarily focus on accounting policies and internal controls over financial reporting and assist in management reporting and oversight that coordinate and oversee PIMCO's 1940 Act alternative-focused interval funds, open-end and closed-end funds, offshore funds, and private partnerships. Furthermore, you will assist with special projects that provide a broad array of exposure to the global fund administration business.
Additionally, you will work with team members to document, oversee, and execute processes related to the management, oversight, and production of the annual and semiannual financial reports and related audits conducted in accordance with local GAAP, regulatory filings, and liaise with Fund Accounting, and other internal and external groups for the ongoing management of the funds.
This role may be based in Newport Beach, CA, Austin, TX offices or New York, NY. About You
- You challenge the status quo-rejecting "good enough" and resourcefully imaging new and better ways of doing things
- A "big picture" thinker-grasping how projects support business objectives and how you play a meaningful role
- A problem solver-quickly gaining clarity on desired outcomes, understanding root problems, and identifying the best solutions
- A standout teammate-enjoying helping others perform at their best and achieve their fullest potential
- Intellectually curious-beyond just knowing the answer, you want to understand the "why" behind the answer
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment-staying organized while juggling multiple priorities concurrently
- Self-motivated-raising a high bar for yourself and reaching beyond the bare minimum of what's required
- You seamlessly adapt to shifting priorities and enjoy working with ambiguity
- You share PIMCO's values of Collaboration, Openness, Responsibility, and Excellence, which allow us to bring the best to our clients and each other
- Oversee and manage our risk-focused oversight model that addresses all aspects of the Funds' operations, including daily net asset values, valuation, distributions, expenses, tax matters, implementation of accounting policies, new instruments, periodic reviews and updates of offering documents, and issue identification, management and resolution
- Implement, document, and ensure adherence to accounting policies, including evaluation of new securities and complex transactions. Coordinate with the financial reporting team to review financial statements and regulatory filings, including oversight of fund prospectus documents
- Assist in coordinating all audit efforts with service providers and external auditors as well as Audit Committee materials, including evaluation of control issues
- Oversee and manage fund expenses, including reviewing and interpreting fund governance documents, performing fee reviews, and all other components of the funds' expense ratio
- Lead/participate in various fund-related initiatives and events
- Coordinate, develop, and prepare quarterly Board Reporting materials and appropriate Management Reporting
- Establish and maintain key internal relationships (legal, compliance, product management, etc.) and external vendors
- Minimum of a BA/BS degree in Finance or Accounting required. An MBA, CPA, or CFA is desirable
- 10-15 years of financial reporting or Big 4 audit experience focused on the investment management industry required
- Deep technical 40-Act/mutual fund accounting experience (solid understanding of highly complex structures (e.g., portfolio and deal structures), SEC and US GAAP guidance), including operations, and reporting expertise
- Strong knowledge of various asset types (e.g., fixed income, private funds, equities, derivatives)
- Hands-on knowledge of REITS required. Experience with interval funds and/or alternative funds desirable
- Demonstrated ability to implement, interpret, and analyze US GAAP guidance and financial reporting requirements
- Prior experience working with and presenting to portfolio managers, firm leadership, fund boards, sub-advised fund clients, and others
- Collaborative and influential with excellent diplomatic and partnering skills. Thrives on initiating, building, and cultivating strong relationships across diverse and multi-functional teams to drive objectives. Should be able to effectively navigate and activate alignment across organizational silos
- Strong boardroom presence with maturity, confidence, and experience to effectively communicate complex and nuanced and technical issues to internal and external stakeholders
PIMCO follows a total compensation approach when rewarding employees which includes a base salary and a discretionary bonus. Base salary is the fixed component of compensation that is determined by core job responsibilities, relevant experience, internal level, and market factors. The discretionary bonus is used to award performance and therefore is determined by company, business, team, and individual performance.
Salary Range: $ 200,000.00 - $ 305,000.00
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Statement
PIMCO recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), age, military or veteran status, disability (physical or mental), any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state, provincial and municipal laws. The company also prohibits discrimination on other basis such as medical condition, or marital status under applicable laws.
Applicants with Disabilities
PIMCO is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including veterans, in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system due to a disability and you would like to request an accommodation, you may contact us at 949-720-7744 and leave a message. This is a dedicated line designed exclusively to assist job seekers with disabilities to apply online. Only messages left for this purpose will be considered. A response to your request may take up to two business days.